Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Halfway there with new build.........SKYRIM droool

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 8, 2011 8:46:07 AM

HI all,

Just thought i'd let you know my 1155 Gaming build is nearly underway.....

Today i recieved the Thermalright Silver Arrow....YEH...ITS BIG!

Components i have so far:


Silverstone FT02 Case

ASUS Z68-V PRO Mobo

G Skill RIPJAWS DDR3 1600 4GBx2

EVGA GTX570sc

RAZER MAMBA 4G Mouse

Thermalright SILVER ARROW

Now Components ill be attaining over the next 3-4 months:


Intel core i7 2600K

Windows OS

OCZ Vertex 2 180GB SSD

Corsair AX1200 Gold Power Supply

Lite-On iHBS212 12x Blu-Ray Disc Writer with LightScribe

EVGA GTX 570sc


Its going to be quite an expensive build, but im doing it at a slow pace so components will change

Open for any discussions, hopefully i can get it built earlier and break it in with titles such as THE THREES, Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, BF3, and of course SKYRIM...........Im 32 years old and let me tell you, I will never outgrow any of this.......BUSINESS TIME

Best solution

August 8, 2011 9:14:26 AM

pyjamas said:


Now Components ill be attaining over the next 3-4 months:


Intel core i7 2600K

Windows OS

OCZ Vertex 2 180GB SSD

Corsair AX1200 Gold Power Supply

Lite-On iHBS212 12x Blu-Ray Disc Writer with LightScribe

EVGA GTX 570sc


Its going to be quite an expensive build, but im doing it at a slow pace so components will change

Open for any discussions, hopefully i can get it built earlier and break it in with titles such as THE THREES, Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, BF3, and of course SKYRIM...........Im 32 years old and let me tell you, I will never outgrow any of this.......BUSINESS TIME


Hi.

Downgrade your PSU, you're wasting a lot of money in way more power than your system will ever need. You'd do just fine with roughly half the power you'll get with that AX1200. Go with the AX750 instead and save up some money (and you will still be using a lot less than the 750W that psu can provide).

That is 100$ you save, and you will never, ever feel the need for more than 750W - just do the maths, your components' total maximum power consumption is way below 500W (and that is absolute maximum, a value you are not likely to hit unless you're stress testing it)

I'm doing just fine with a 600W PSU, and my GPU is better than yours, and I'm using 4 HDD and a CPU that is a lot less energy efficient that yours.

FG

Share
August 8, 2011 9:31:42 AM

f-gomes said:
Hi.

Downgrade your PSU, you're wasting a lot of money in way more power than your system will ever need. You'd do just fine with roughly half the power you'll get with that AX1200. Go with the AX750 instead and save up some money (and you will still be using a lot less than the 750W that psu can provide).

That is 100$ you save, and you will never, ever feel the need for more than 750W - just do the maths, your components' total maximum power consumption is way below 500W (and that is absolute maximum, a value you are not likely to hit unless you're stress testing it)

I'm doing just fine with a 600W PSU, and my GPU is better than yours, and I'm using 4 HDD and a CPU that is a lot less energy efficient that yours.

FG


Hey thanks FG

Even with a 2nd GTX570sc SLI?
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 8, 2011 2:58:36 PM

pyjamas said:
Hey thanks FG

Even with a 2nd GTX570sc SLI?


I just pulled my EVGA 570 SC's out and replaced with a EVGA GTX 590 Classified. My Corsair HX 750 didn't have any issues even stress testing and my i5-2500k OC @ 4.5Ghz. I think I was pushing the limits though. If I purchased again I would do 800-850W for piece of mind and just in case I wanted to toss in some more wicked. I suggest this:

Jonnyguru recommended:
LEPA B850-MA 850W ATX12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
99.99 + free Shipping and a $50 MIR
m
0
l
August 8, 2011 11:46:37 PM

jerreddredd said:
I just pulled my EVGA 570 SC's out and replaced with a EVGA GTX 590 Classified. My Corsair HX 750 didn't have any issues even stress testing and my i5-2500k OC @ 4.5Ghz. I think I was pushing the limits though. If I purchased again I would do 800-850W for piece of mind and just in case I wanted to toss in some more wicked. I suggest this:

Jonnyguru recommended:
LEPA B850-MA 850W ATX12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
99.99 + free Shipping and a $50 MIR

+1 to that psu

and i would also get the crucial m4 128gb. it is faster more reliable but smaller than the vertex 2 180gb...
m
0
l
August 9, 2011 2:28:48 AM

Yeh great thanks guys!

I ordered a corsair 850w psu today

and had a look at the crucial m4 128gb goes for around $270 aussie....

@ P07H34D, thats good to know you can get that coverage with the 120GB

Also i opted for the i5 2500K, i may use that hunji towards another 570....

@ jerreddredd, 590 classified loud?
m
0
l
August 9, 2011 2:57:46 AM

what resolution will you be playing at?
m
0
l
August 9, 2011 3:26:14 AM

1920x1080 and or higher
m
0
l
August 9, 2011 4:07:27 AM

pyjamas said:
1920x1080 and or higher

i wouldnt even consider a 590 at that resolution....something like a 570 would be fine
m
0
l
August 9, 2011 11:17:26 AM

pyjamas said:
Yeh great thanks guys!

I ordered a corsair 850w psu today

and had a look at the crucial m4 128gb goes for around $270 aussie....

@ P07H34D, thats good to know you can get that coverage with the 120GB

Also i opted for the i5 2500K, i may use that hunji towards another 570....

@ jerreddredd, 590 classified loud?


the 590 Classified is very quiet even when running L4D2 @5760x1200. It seems to stabilize at about 80C when stressed. for single card Surround its the bomb and great for a uATX MB/Case. its not as fast as my 570's in SLi, but really, really close. My 570's were quiet too.
m
0
l
August 9, 2011 12:51:31 PM

Quote:
I mean, if you could afford a 590 and you played on a 1920x1080 resolution its like having 2 video cards for one and its like saying "okay world I am ready for whatever monitors you have to throw at me ;3" which I would hope your world doesn't throw 32+ inch monitors at you when you go to buy them because that would be pretty dangerous for their monitors and your belongings (hair/shoes/wallet) but clothes are impermeable to monitors bigger than 29inches so there is that.

but yea a single 580 1.5gb would suffice for now :3

haha yeh im quite sure im happy with the 570's
m
0
l
August 16, 2011 12:06:57 AM

Best answer selected by Pyjamas.
m
0
l
August 16, 2011 12:07:37 AM

jerreddredd said:
I just pulled my EVGA 570 SC's out and replaced with a EVGA GTX 590 Classified. My Corsair HX 750 didn't have any issues even stress testing and my i5-2500k OC @ 4.5Ghz. I think I was pushing the limits though. If I purchased again I would do 800-850W for piece of mind and just in case I wanted to toss in some more wicked. I suggest this:

Jonnyguru recommended:
LEPA B850-MA 850W ATX12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
99.99 + free Shipping and a $50 MIR

thanks for the help m8
m
0
l
!