Sign in with
Your question

Connecting to internet

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 13, 2011 6:34:01 PM

Hello,
i am attempting to set an wireless home network. my desk top is the host, here is the cable set up that i have .cable to modem, modem to router,router to the desk top pc,telephone cable router to tel modem.
the router is a netgear WGR614v10. the laptop is a acer windows 7, desk top windows xp.
the task bar internet access meter reading is , connected also the strenght is excelllent,security WPA2-PSK, Radio type 802.11g,ssid Don-pc network.the desk top is on the internet ok,the telephone works good.it shows the laptop connected, but i can not get on thr internet.
Thank you for your time.
drrd

More about : connecting internet

Anonymous
January 17, 2011 10:20:50 PM

Check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.
m
l
January 21, 2011 11:04:45 AM

112977,2,336296 said:
Check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.[/quote

Goog morning fihart,
thank you for your time, i did check the properties and they were on auto. i was able to get on the internet and played around a couple of hrs,then shut every thing off and when i started again i could not get on the net. why?
any other ideas would be appreciated.
again thank you ,
drrd
m
l
!