A Question about DSL?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
hi guys .. i recently bought an ADSL which works for 3 months & gets charged about 9GB ..& after 3 months i should recharge again ...but before 3 month get completed it ends so much earlier . so someone told me some softwares atomaticly updateing when you connect to the internet . now i wanna do something that nothing goes update atomacticly & nothing eat bandwidth of my ADSL . is that posible ? because i am sure that i havent used 9 GB !! my heaviest download was 82MB VGA DRIVER . can you help me about this problem ? what should i do to make my ADSL get used only when I USE IT not anything else ? or maybe its another reasons that finish my ADSL up earlier than its correct time .

Solution
This ADSL device, is it a modem or a modem + wireless router? If its a router, maybe someone is hijacking your wireless connection.
Make sure you have WPA2 password set if this is a wireless router.
G

If you have Windows it will try to update automatically periodically and these are often enormous downloads. To prevent this go to Settings, Control Panel, System, Automatic Updates (turn off).

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
I turned it OFF . now i am waiting to see what will happen ...but i am sure i havent used all 9GB . BUT they say i hAVE .. can someone tell me what is going on ? can they use from my charge ? i mean Moderators of DSLS .. Bosses do you know what i mean ? CAN SOMEONE use from my charge ? can you list the reasons that consume bandwidth { use charge of DSL } ? THANKS ALOT

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
Windows does not download 9 GB worth of info with all their updates. They max out at less then 1GB. Have you been downloading using Bittorrent or other programs, these use up a lot of bandwidth.

If the company tells you use used 9gig, have them show you the logs with the details. Otherwise fight them for proof and contest the bill. Take them to court for the details if you have to. I'm sure there are plenty of lawers that would kill to sue an ISP and get in the news.

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
they say our devices never work wrong , oh i should say that Unfortunately iam living in IRAN , Internet speed is too low . does it depends on country ? because i use Filterbreaker too for many filtered sites in IRAN . oh your so lucky people that ur not in such country .

They can say that, but you can say, show me so I can see if someone is not stealing my connection.
They can't just say that this is what you used without having a record of it. Although in Iran I'm guessing consumer rights are not quite the same as in the US.
It's like someone going shopping for you, asking you for $300 and not showing you what they bought, then handing you and empty bag and saying "it was a very expensive empty bag".

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
yes , of course . you know i went sub section of that DSL shop . & they showed me a list of downloads , all i saw was that only 680 MB have been used from1 GB , other 300 MB was lefted . i told what has been happend to rest of charge . they said connect to the main section of DSL connections that are responsable . they told me our devices never make mistake & its trustable connection no one can steal it . But i dont think so , because Goverment has problem with world how can ADSL be safe ? OH please pray for me .

KingArcher

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
This ADSL device, is it a modem or a modem + wireless router? If its a router, maybe someone is hijacking your wireless connection.
Make sure you have WPA2 password set if this is a wireless router.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS