/ Sign-up
Your question

Patch panel for cable and internet

  • New Build
  • Cable
  • Internet
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 8, 2011 3:36:45 PM

HI, I am building a house and my we put home run for cable wire for TV and CAT 5 wire for the internet. What kind of think do I need to buy to plug them into? I have no idea what I need. Someone told me I need to get a patch panel that both the CAT 5 and calbe wire plug into. Can someone please help me and tell me what I need to buy?

More about : patch panel cable internet

August 8, 2011 5:31:29 PM

Hello spanielle1;

I don't believe you need a patch panel - just a wall outlet socket. I suppose you could call that a patch panel.

You could also consider a wireless router to get around any long or vexing cable runs for your internet connection.

Are you also wiring for sound and security alarms?

Structured Wiring