Another one these will it be enough questions

Solution
If you want to objectively, accurately and scientifically determine what PSU power is required for your Vid card and PC in both watts and 12v rail amps., the forum Utility link below will show you how easy it is to calculate this information and objectively determine which PSUs are quality built, reliable PSUs that can meet your needs. Be advised that the available 12v rail amps. is just as important as the total PSU wattage. You need both to be correct.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/314712-28-please-read-determine-power-required

Delengowski

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
Which would be

ASUS M4A88TD-V (I'm happy with this motherboard,but I want have to send it back as a few of the 2 of the pci slots don't work, and if I want to crossfire two of those cards I don't have a lot of room b/c of their size)

AMD Phenom II x6 3.2ghz

16gigs 1333 ddr3 ram (it was on sale)

2 radeon 5770s (currently use one)

Striker 7.1 sound card

usb pcie card

7200 rpm 1 terebyte

64g SSD

combo opitcal drive

Delengowski

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
On a second note, it may not be that those pci slots don't work. Its that the one slot that it does fit in, it fits nice and snug. On the others you see quite a bit of gold teeth showing. My case may be to blame, I'm tempted to bend or cut the piece that you would screw into the case and see if it works when its all the way in.

Delengowski

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
I decided just to buy a radeon 6950 instead of buying a second one and possibly a new psu thanks anyway....

But any suggestions on how to make my Soundcard to seat properly in my other addon slots?

beenthere

Distinguished
If you want to objectively, accurately and scientifically determine what PSU power is required for your Vid card and PC in both watts and 12v rail amps., the forum Utility link below will show you how easy it is to calculate this information and objectively determine which PSUs are quality built, reliable PSUs that can meet your needs. Be advised that the available 12v rail amps. is just as important as the total PSU wattage. You need both to be correct.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/314712-28-please-read-determine-power-required

Solution

No problem running 2 x 5770 or a 6950 with a Corsair TXV2 650W bro!
Don't know what to say about soundcard seating.
Try harder!
I've always used add on soundcards some have needed more force/pressure to seat.

Delengowski

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
It just doesn't go in all the way, like one end is the farther one, the teeth are snug the closer it gets to the wall of the tower the more the gold teeth on that end stick out. Seriously about to straighten out that 90 degree corner piece were you would screw it into the tower

Actually i remember having that problem on a build.
It turned out the pci bracket wasn't exactly aligned.
Looked good i could even secure it (card wouldn't seat though)like everything was perfect.
Closer inspection revealed the bracket end wasn't in properly = card seated fine after corrected.