Is the revolution doomed?

Inferno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Back in the 90's Nintendo released the '64. It is common sense knowledge
Playstation beat them because, apart from the technically superior specs,
the great line-up of games from first-, second- and third parties.
With the Gamecube Nintendo once again tried to fight back the competition,
but alas, the Gamecube suffers from, once again, a lack of software.
So what they're basically trying with the Revolution is making a system on
which no game could be ported without sever changes and basically only
exclusive games can be released for?
What the hell is Nintendo doing?

"Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> writes:
> So what they're basically trying with the Revolution is making a system on
> which no game could be ported without sever changes

How do you know?

-Miles
--
(\(\
(^.^)

Inferno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Miles Bader" <miles@gnu.org> schreef in bericht
> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> writes:
>> So what they're basically trying with the Revolution is making a system
>> on
>> which no game could be ported without sever changes
>
> How do you know?
>
> -Miles
> --
> (\(\
> (^.^)
> (")")
> *This is the cute bunny virus, please copy this into your sig so it can
> spread.

There are rumours that the Revo's controller is going to use gyro
functionalities without a A, B button or D-pad.
Furthermore in a interview with one of the big boys of Nintendo they said
they wanted to seperate themselves from the current competition. They plan
on making a completely different console, other than the Xbox or the PS2.

"Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> writes:
> There are rumours that the Revo's controller is going to use gyro
> functionalities without a A, B button or D-pad.
> Furthermore in a interview with one of the big boys of Nintendo they said
> they wanted to seperate themselves from the current competition. They plan
> on making a completely different console, other than the Xbox or the PS2.

So you have ... guesses based on rumour and speculation.

Nintendo's not completely stupid, they can see such issues themselves.

-Miles
--
Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!

> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> writes:
>> There are rumours that the Revo's controller is going to use gyro
>> functionalities without a A, B button or D-pad.
>> Furthermore in a interview with one of the big boys of Nintendo they said
>> they wanted to seperate themselves from the current competition. They
>> plan
>> on making a completely different console, other than the Xbox or the PS2.
>
> So you have ... guesses based on rumour and speculation.
>
> Nintendo's not completely stupid, they can see such issues themselves.
>
> -Miles
> --
> Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument

So, did they realise this with the '64? Did they see this when the cube was
released? As far as I know, Nintendo has lost the console war with their
current marketing. Let's hope they won't continue this with the revolution.

Trex

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2004

"Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message

> "Miles Bader" <miles@gnu.org> schreef in bericht
>> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> writes:
>>> There are rumours that the Revo's controller is going to use gyro
>>> functionalities without a A, B button or D-pad.
>>> Furthermore in a interview with one of the big boys of Nintendo they
>>> said
>>> they wanted to seperate themselves from the current competition. They
>>> plan
>>> on making a completely different console, other than the Xbox or the
>>> PS2.
>>
>> So you have ... guesses based on rumour and speculation.
>>
>> Nintendo's not completely stupid, they can see such issues themselves.
>>
>> -Miles
>> --
>> Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument
>
> So, did they realise this with the '64? Did they see this when the cube
> was released? As far as I know, Nintendo has lost the console war with
> their current marketing. Let's hope they won't continue this with the
> revolution.

Lost the console war? They made a huge profit, are in the black, and are in
the process of releasing a new console.

Losing???

Hey, I'd take that kinda losing anyday as an investor.

T-Rex