Is the revolution doomed?

Back in the 90's Nintendo released the '64. It is common sense knowledge
Playstation beat them because, apart from the technically superior specs,
the great line-up of games from first-, second- and third parties.
With the Gamecube Nintendo once again tried to fight back the competition,
but alas, the Gamecube suffers from, once again, a lack of software.
So what they're basically trying with the Revolution is making a system on
which no game could be ported without sever changes and basically only
exclusive games can be released for?
What the hell is Nintendo doing?
5 answers Last reply
More about revolution doomed
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> writes:
    > So what they're basically trying with the Revolution is making a system on
    > which no game could be ported without sever changes

    How do you know?

    -Miles
    --
    (\(\
    (^.^)

    "Miles Bader" <miles@gnu.org> schreef in bericht
    > "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> writes:
    >> So what they're basically trying with the Revolution is making a system
    >> on
    >> which no game could be ported without sever changes
    >
    > How do you know?
    >
    > -Miles
    > --
    > (\(\
    > (^.^)
    > (")")
    > *This is the cute bunny virus, please copy this into your sig so it can
    > spread.

    There are rumours that the Revo's controller is going to use gyro
    functionalities without a A, B button or D-pad.
    Furthermore in a interview with one of the big boys of Nintendo they said
    they wanted to seperate themselves from the current competition. They plan
    on making a completely different console, other than the Xbox or the PS2.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> writes:
    > There are rumours that the Revo's controller is going to use gyro
    > functionalities without a A, B button or D-pad.
    > Furthermore in a interview with one of the big boys of Nintendo they said
    > they wanted to seperate themselves from the current competition. They plan
    > on making a completely different console, other than the Xbox or the PS2.

    So you have ... guesses based on rumour and speculation.

    Nintendo's not completely stupid, they can see such issues themselves.

    -Miles
    --
    Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    > "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> writes:
    >> There are rumours that the Revo's controller is going to use gyro
    >> functionalities without a A, B button or D-pad.
    >> Furthermore in a interview with one of the big boys of Nintendo they said
    >> they wanted to seperate themselves from the current competition. They
    >> plan
    >> on making a completely different console, other than the Xbox or the PS2.
    >
    > So you have ... guesses based on rumour and speculation.
    >
    > Nintendo's not completely stupid, they can see such issues themselves.
    >
    > -Miles
    > --
    > Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument

    So, did they realise this with the '64? Did they see this when the cube was
    released? As far as I know, Nintendo has lost the console war with their
    current marketing. Let's hope they won't continue this with the revolution.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message

    > "Miles Bader" <miles@gnu.org> schreef in bericht
    >> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> writes:
    >>> There are rumours that the Revo's controller is going to use gyro
    >>> functionalities without a A, B button or D-pad.
    >>> Furthermore in a interview with one of the big boys of Nintendo they
    >>> said
    >>> they wanted to seperate themselves from the current competition. They
    >>> plan
    >>> on making a completely different console, other than the Xbox or the
    >>> PS2.
    >>
    >> So you have ... guesses based on rumour and speculation.
    >>
    >> Nintendo's not completely stupid, they can see such issues themselves.
    >>
    >> -Miles
    >> --
    >> Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument
    >
    > So, did they realise this with the '64? Did they see this when the cube
    > was released? As far as I know, Nintendo has lost the console war with
    > their current marketing. Let's hope they won't continue this with the
    > revolution.

    Lost the console war? They made a huge profit, are in the black, and are in
    the process of releasing a new console.

    Losing???

    Hey, I'd take that kinda losing anyday as an investor.

    T-Rex

Console Gaming Games Gamecube Nintendo Video Games