Wireless signal throughtout will depend on the location and the geometry of the surrounding environment. Also remember that signal from router is omnidirectional and can also suffer interference.
January 17, 2011 11:00:40 PM
Just to slightly elaborate on the above:
You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.