Closed Solved

Intel extreme graphics

Hi im building a new pc and I was wondering if I would be able to use an intel extreme graphics card from an old 2003 hp pavilion on my new setup until I get my radeon 5830. I have an asus motherboard that has pci connectors.
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about intel extreme graphics
  1. Only if it's a discrete card.
  2. Which it isn't MM. That's a "current" Intel video chip, and they don't make any discrete cards right now.
  3. 4745454b said:
    Which it isn't MM. That's a "current" Intel video chip, and they don't make any discrete cards right now.

I know, I'm just wondering how the OP hopes to use it in another PC. If you hadn't let the cat out of the bag we might have found out. :lol:
  4. Crap, sorry. What if we both edit our posts?

To the OP, how good are your soldering skills?
  5. It is a discrete card, im not that much of a noob. I mean, if I could see the card that in the connector on my motherboard with specific outs on the back of it and I took it out then its a discrete card, right?
  6. 4745454b said:
    Crap, sorry. What if we both edit our posts?

To the OP, how good are your soldering skills?

Its a discrete card, so can I just hook it up and run it or will I need drivers
  7. It's not a discrete card. What system do you have?
  8. 4745454b said:
    It's not a discrete card. What system do you have?

#1)Yes it is, stop saying it isn't. 2)2003 hp pavilion 724c
  9. Best answer
    1) It's not a discrete video card, stop saying it is.

Quote:
    Video graphics
    Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics technology

If it was a discrete card it would be able to unplug from the motherboard and be used in a different computer. But seeing as it's an integrated part, its built into the motherboard. As I said to MM, Intel hasn't made any discrete GPUs in years.

2) 5830s are not usually good buys. Unless you are getting it cheap you should look for a 5850, or 6850. Both will use less power and perform better.

3) Your new motherboard needs to have PCIe slots, not PCI.
  10. 4745454b said:
    1) It's not a discrete video card, stop saying it is.

Quote:
    Video graphics
    Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics technology

If it was a discrete card it would be able to unplug from the motherboard and be used in a different computer. But seeing as it's an integrated part, its built into the motherboard. As I said to MM, Intel hasn't made any discrete GPUs in years.

2) 5830s are not usually good buys. Unless you are getting it cheap you should look for a 5850, or 6850. Both will use less power and perform better.

3) Your new motherboard needs to have PCIe slots, not PCI.

Dude do I have to show u a picture or what! I did take the grahics card out and it is discrete I said it was from A 2003 COMPUTER IM PRETTY SURE THATS CONSIDERED OLD. PCIe SLOTS WERENT INVENTED BACK THEN
  11. So HP lied on that form then? Its possible you've already upgraded the video and your using a PCI card, in which case its not an Intel. Frankly however I have grown tired of your attitude towards someone who is trying to help and knows what he's talking about.

Good day to you sir, I hope you get the help you need.

Edited for spelling.
  12. 4745454b said:
    So HP lied on that form then? Its possible you've already upgraded the video and your using a PCI card, in which case its not an Intel. Frankly however I have grown tired of your attitude towards someone who is trying to help and knows what he's talking about.

Good day to you sir, I hope you get the help you need.

Edited for spelling.

Alright I guess I just dont like how I try to explain its discrete, but thanks anyway I guess now il make a new post asking if it needs drivers
  13. Best answer selected by Geis.
  14. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Intel Graphics