Closed Solved

UEFI Bios Memory Frequency Change!

Hello fellow enthusiasts, a week ago I completed my pc build and everything works flawlessly. Now here is the situation, where in the UEFI Bios do I change the Ram frequency to indicate the total memory that's installed? I purchased 16G of Corsair Vengeance (4x4) @ 1600 (PC 12800) and in the Bios it indicates, 'Total Memory 16384MB (DDR3 1373MHz)' where in the UEFI Bios do I change this to indicate 1600? P9X79 PRO
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about uefi bios memory frequency change
  1. Best answer
    You should go to advanced (Top Right), then A.I Tweaker scroll down untill Memory Frequency then it should be a drop down menu.
  2. if you have the option, you can use the XMP profile to autoset it for you from the RAM sticks.
  3. Ry4n said:
    You should go to advanced (Top Right), then A.I Tweaker scroll down untill Memory Frequency then it should be a drop down menu.

Thanks Ry4n! Followed your instructions and made the necessary change. Now, i'll have to wait to see if there is any significant differences. Again, thanks bunches.
  4. Best answer selected by Dorsey.
  5. raytseng said:
    if you have the option, you can use the XMP profile to autoset it for you from the RAM sticks.

raytseng, thanks for your assistance also. As I was checking my system in the Bios, what threw me off , was the lack of or sign of any mention of the X.M.P but thanks anyway.
  6. Dorsey said:
    Thanks Ry4n! Followed your instructions and made the necessary change. Now, i'll have to wait to see if there is any significant differences. Again, thanks bunches.

No problem. :)
  7. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory BIOS