Sign in with
Your question

Computer Keeps Crashing... PSU issue?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Computers
Last response: in CPUs
November 6, 2011 2:00:38 PM

Hey All. I haave a custom built computer. Specs are GTX 580 1.5 GB, i5 2500k, 8GB of Ram, 750 Watt Corsair PSU, Windows 7
Since about a week ago, the computer has been working perfectly, until it crashed to a black screen while playing BF3. I thought it was just a BF3 issue, but now the computer crashes in every game I play, from ARMA II to StarCraft 2. I can't even run a benchmark test without the computer crashing, sometimes crashing to desktop or crashing to a black screen and having to restart. I have troubleshooted the GPU and I am certain to say that it is not a GPU issue because the computer still crashes when I OverClock it, and the temperature of the GPU never gets more higher than 80C (I also have latest drivers). I am starting the think it is a PSU issue (even though Corsair is a very reputable company), a CPU issue, or maybe even a software issue?

ALSO: when the computer crashes, I hear this buzzing sound coming from the case, and I don't know what it is. Could this mean its a hardware issue?

If anyone could please provide me with some insight, that would be great. I have ran out of ideas. Thanks!

More about : computer crashing psu issue

a c 914 à CPUs
November 6, 2011 2:08:23 PM

If it was a PSU issue it would be more likely to reboot by itself, sounds more like a GPU issue. Can you try the card in a different computer?
November 6, 2011 3:06:15 PM

Nah, I wouldn't be able to do that, but the computer also does reboot by itself sometimes.
!