Are all cards compatible with PCI express 2.1x16 are also compatible with PCI

Hi! i have a gigabyte(GA-945GCM-S2L) motherboard with PCI express x16 slot only, i am planning to buy a ati hd 5670 gpu. will this work??
thanks for any help.
11 answers Last reply
More about cards compatible express 1x16 compatible
  1. PCIe 2.1 and PCIe 2.0 should be backwards compatible with PCIe 1.0 but as you have noted some ATi cards don't seem to want to play the game, Nvidia cards don't seem to have the same problem though. :whistle:
  2. Mousemonkey said:
    PCIe 2.1 and PCIe 2.0 should be backwards compatible with PCIe 1.0 but as you have noted some ATi cards don't seem to want to play the game, Nvidia cards don't seem to have the same problem though. :whistle:

thanks for the reply
    plzzz....can you suggest me any graphic cards compatible with my board for $100....having above avg performance. :) :)
  3. I'm in the UK so I deal in £'s (sterling) and cards are priced a bit more expensively over here.
  4. Mousemonkey said:
    I'm in the UK so I deal in £'s (sterling) and cards are priced a bit more expensively over here.

forget the range :D .......now which grafic card would you suggest me :) :)
    thanks.
  5. I'd go for a PCI-E 2.0 card as some PCI-E 2.1 cards have been known to cause problems in PCI-E 1.x slots.
  6. Tamz_msc said:
    I'd go for a PCI-E 2.0 card as some PCI-E 2.1 cards have been known to cause problems in PCI-E 1.x slots.

thanks tamz.
  7. My fave card of the moment is the GTX560Ti, for somewhat obvious reasons. :whistle:
  8. thanxs all for helping.......nw i am going for a card with PCI express 2.0x16 interface.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Compatibility PCI Express Graphics Product