FFXIV Budget Motherboard suggestion for 955 BE

SuaSponte

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Hello, I am new at this and somewhat "technically challenged" so I apologize in advance. Looking for budget minded motherboard suggestions to compliment the following: AMD 955 BE CPU, HD 6870 video card, 500w PSU. It will be for FFXIV primarily, occasionally Netflix, and basic school applications, i.e. word processing, presentations, etc. Thank you!

SuaSponte

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Thank you for your response :) ! About 2 weeks ago a friend turned me on to Tom's Hardware and boy am I glad he did. I have learned quite a bit from reading posts, articles, etc. It's nice to have a place for a computer "Howdy Doody" like myself to glean from the knowledge and kindness of others!

SuaSponte

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Hello WR2, Far out! That was a really good article, very helpful. That is the route I am going to take. Hope to have it built in the next couple of weeks (parts to arrive then build).
Thank you!

Let us know how it works out for you.

Here is a Step-by-Step Guide to Building a PC

Look over the forum's "System won't boot" checklist to see some of the common build errors and how to avoid them.

-> The usual advice; read the manual / install guide; look at the parts, read the manual again and if everything makes sense and looks right - then go ahead with the install.

While you're waiting for delivery you can download the online version of the motherboard manual and start getting familiar with it. Same for the other parts you want to order if they have install guides or manuals available.