Why does my laptop stop loading part way through any website I'm trying to load at home with a full signal. But the network is fine with my towers. Also the laptop is fine when using other networks elsewhere.
More about :acer laptop free online troubleshooting
October 3, 2010 7:53:59 PM
I'm having to guess that by Towers you mean another computer and that you are connecting to the internet via a home wireless network, I appreciate that you have posted this under mobile internet.
First try connecting the laptop directly to the router by ethernet cable instead of wireless and see if things improve.
If they do, proceed to text below:
You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.
October 3, 2010 8:11:37 PM
This topic has been moved from the section General Connectivity to section Networking by Fihart