Aftermarket GPU Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I added 2 case fans to my case and it helped out alot.I have 3 gtx 480's and the temps were going into the 80's .I also bought a new case(well this was last year.You just need good ventilation.You also need to turn the fan speed up to around 70% that helps.But you are right on the money with the after market cooler..it will really lower your temps.The only con is with the cooler added,it takes up alot of space.

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
I added 2 case fans to my case and it helped out alot.I have 3 gtx 480's and the temps were going into the 80's .I also bought a new case(well this was last year.You just need good ventilation.You also need to turn the fan speed up to around 70% that helps.But you are right on the money with the after market cooler..it will really lower your temps.The only con is with the cooler added,it takes up alot of space.

Solution

kss207rc

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
My opinion is to stay with the stock cooler because you are going to lose warranty.If you don't mind then the zalman is an excellent solution.I have seen some good reviews about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.