Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Spilled water on my Desktop!

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 9, 2011 8:53:35 AM

Hi so I just recently (30 minutes ago) spilled water through the top opening of my Desktop computer not a whole lot just a tiny amount say an ounce or two, but anyways the computer is still on and its the one im currently asking this question on go figure! I looked through the top vents and any water i originally saw is now long gone im guessing evaporated? it dropped a little on the back side of my GPU and that was about the only place I saw it, everything is working perfectly fine as it stands now and i havent noticed anything wrong. Is it a bad move on my part to keep my computer on or should I turn it off and wait a few days?

More about : spilled water desktop

a b B Homebuilt system
August 9, 2011 9:01:32 AM

Turn it off and wait a few days. Take the side off and leave it in an airing cupboard or near to a radiator if possible. Give it a check over every day.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 9, 2011 11:46:32 AM

The chances are that the water fell harmlessly on to the bottom of the case missing the motherboard. I don’t like the sound of seeing water on the GPU but if it has now evaporated you have dodged the bullet. You may still have water at the bottom of the case so I would be careful abut moving the computer.
m
0
l
January 31, 2012 8:54:11 PM

pjmelect said:
The chances are that the water fell harmlessly on to the bottom of the case missing the motherboard. I don’t like the sound of seeing water on the GPU but if it has now evaporated you have dodged the bullet. You may still have water at the bottom of the case so I would be careful abut moving the computer.



i just spilt water on my desktop and it wasnt starting left it over night and got the hair dryer to it it now turns off and on by its self could something be stuck eg power button
m
0
l
!