Is This A Good $775 SLI Build? First Build Help

Zenthar

Distinguished
Is that an ordered list? If gaming is really low priority, then SLI might be overkill. Moreover, what is your gaming resolution and what games do you play or plan on playing?

G

Don't buy recertified products if i were you and never heard of "Sparkle" just go for a single radeon 6870 or a GTX 470, it's much better.

G

^^ Oh then idk why he's asking again if he doesn't listen

vtphs

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

Ok the reaason I picked recerts is because they can offer twice the performance for the cash, but if they really are that bad then i will listen to your guys advice =). The main reason I continue to repost is because people just never completely answer my questions. Thankksssssssssss.

vtphs

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

No its not oredered.

vtphs

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

So 6870 or 470 huh? Which brands?

lp231

Splendid

It's in your first thread, and if weren't being rude by abandoning it when others have gave you advice, you may have seen it! :pt1cable:

vtphs

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

Basically i need a graphics card and cpu for $310 or less. Any suggestions.

cuecuemore

Distinguished
You don't need an SLI bridge because there will be one included with the motherboard. You actually don't need an SLI setup right now, go with a 560 and add another one later on. Don't go with a 470, it's old tech and not as good a value as the 460, which is also old tech, but good tech. Grab an X4 955 BE instead of the 1090t. This setup will give you the best value and comes to less than $310.

vtphs

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

which 560 would you get?

_Pez_

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
you can get a better hard drive WD caviar black, and for gpu go for a single 6870 or even 6950, instead putting a six core cpu pick the quadcore part Phenom II 980, and there you will get fast gaming perfomance.

lp231

Splendid
Build like 6 machines using that EVGA GTX 560 card, it's a great card.
For EVGA, I think models ending in AR and some others gets lifetime warranty when you register within 30 days of purchase.

The idea to grab a card now and do SLI later on won't work. Prices on those cards won't drop significantly to justify the wait time. It's either go SLI now or don't bother at all. SLI likes high resolution, low resolution will show no benefits and you're basically wasting money as 2nd card is idle 99% of the time.

A Core i3 is faster in games then that AMD BE, but when it comes to real world use
AMD BE is better because it has 4 physical cores than Core i3 virtual core method.
You can start with a HD6790 and work your way up till your budgets allows.
Another option (not officially supported) is you can grab a ATi card as the primary since they are cheaper. And for physX games like Batman Arkham Asylum or Alice, you can grab a cheap Nvidia card and run it in a Hybrid PhysX setup.

vtphs

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

I'm not going to sli or xfire. So is the 6870 or gtx 560 a better choice in your opinion. Im going with A 955 or 965 BE based on which gpu because this will be an all around build.