Help CPU over 60 degrees celsius

Kavo-Thizzla

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Hi I'm new to this forum so if I did put this in the wrong section sorry,

About 3 hours ago my PC was working perfectly I left it on (with screen off) I was fixing one of my other computers I came back and the computer was off so I turned it on and it showed the bios then went on to Windows 7 screen saying Resuming so I walked off and continued to fix the other computer then went back the computer turned off I turned it on again just before going to the bios it turn off again so I took the CMOS jumper off for about 5 minutes turned it on then I turned it on it proceeded to the bios then it showed failed over clocking/over vaultage so I go into the bios and see that the CPU is showing its at 80 degrees Celsius I thought to myself "huh it must be a glitch" and continued to logging in and checked in HW Monitor and its showing 68 Degrees celsius for first cpu core and 65 for the second core its strange because my CPU is usually at 40 degrees on a day like this and even as low as 32 on a 16 degree day with the PC side door opened I tried to take off the heat sink but failed so I wanted to clean the heatsink. But I would highly doubt that this would be the problem because I secured it properly its not shaking or jiggling I have also overclocked my CPU but it was 40 degrees on Idle.
The CPU fan is a stock one that came with the computer (intel CPU)
Usually the CPU fan would run at 2020RPM
Now it's running at 2327RPM
All the other thing's seem to run at there normal temperatures

Computer Specifications:
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Duo Core 2 E4400
ATI Radeon HD5670 1GB Running 2 monitors
110GB HDD
500GB HDD
ASUS P5GC-MX
2GB DDR2

Also one other thing I have a problem with long booting times for example
If I was to turn on my computer it would take 50-70 seconds to boot to the bios screen which is really annoying this has happened ever since I put my HD5670 in before that I was using the intergrated GPU and it booted normally.
Thanks in advance,

casualbuilder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
well, its definately an overheating issue. Your HSF has probably gone bad. When is the last time you have cleaned all the dust from your fans and case? Did you try to clean off your HSF and CPU, then re-apply Thermal Grease?

Kavo-Thizzla

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
I've checked my Heatsink not much dust on it I had to remove my whole motherboard from the PC case to take off the heatsink I saw the thermal grease it looks the same last time I checked it I decided tp my mobo in another PC case it works fine now not as good as before but better its now sitting at 40c

Kavo-Thizzla

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011

As I said I'm new to this forum and also I didn't put alot of effort into this post is because I had to go somewhere not long after it.