Drive Problems

thegreatjava

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Hello,

Well am using ASUS P8H67-M PRO with a 320GB WD Caviar Blue, a WD 2TB Caviar Green, and a LG 24X DVD RW, before i bought the DVD Drive i used to have both HDD in the 6GB ports working fine but when i went to plug the DVD drive into the 3GB Sata port i either get my boot drive and dvd drive but no 2tb hdd or the DVD Drive dont load up, I have had a mesage from saying there all there but it asks me to recover bios so i restore defualt settings fixing the problem but then back to either loosing a hdd or dvd drive any answears

if you dont have a ssd thers no reason to plug anything into sata 3. yes there a nice addition but most drives only need sata 2. especially dvd and upto 2 tb hdds. the bandwidth isnt needed fo such slow drives.
so plug everything that isnt sata 3 into the sata 2 ports and they should all then work.

if it says sata 6gb then it needs to be on the sata 3 port. if it doesnt work try it in a different sata 3 master port as each have there own lanes, so if 1 is damaged it doesnt mean they all are.
check the drive label and see if it really is a 6gb model as there are 3gb of the wd 2TB green