Solved

3k gaming computer

My brother has no more than 3k USD He wants to purchase a computer with a warranty. He DOES NOT want me to build it for him or him to build it himself so I am wanting suggestions IT has to be either 3k with office business, windows, and speakers, or I am thinking he buys those - windows on amazon for about 300. so here is what I am thinking thoughts or suggestions, customer service is important.

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadode.asp?id=566401

I have heard of cyber power but not great things about customer service. Is this true? I am open to seeing builds from any website that has a warranty the longer the better. He wants it to be a good gaming machine, he wants a blu-ray player and wants it to be as future proof as possible for gaming.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming computer
  1. Digitalstorm seems to have great customer reviews, but Cyberpower has the best prices that I've ever seen in prebuilt computers. If I were you I would take a look at avadirect. It seems to have the widest variety of parts so you can customize the PC any way you want.
  2. Best answer
    Aside: $3K is a HUGE budget for a gaming system. Does he really want that or is he targeting what to spend to get a system that runs modern games on highest settings and will last a few years -- which would be more like $1K than $3K. (Ok, I'm a whimp and the first $3K system I bought was the last one I bought -- pentium 100 based).

Suggest an I5-2500 or I7-2600 based system. Video card based on your pocketbook and Tom's "best graphic cards for the money" article which shows great cards for $300. Could be built by Cyberpower or some other.

I think unless you are good with PCs and mechanicals that going for a $2500 water cooled system is not the right answer. But would certainly give bragging rights. I would avoid the extreme overclock versions "Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz" -- you want a few years of life and stability and gaming doesn't really seem to need or use much more than stock i7-2600 performance anyway.
  3. Best answer selected by jackspeed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Gaming Computer Systems Product