Sign in with
Your question

Absolute Best for Streaming on JustinTV Under $1000

Last response: in Systems
August 9, 2011 3:35:01 PM

Hello,

I am looking for the best parts I can get for the money for this budget-oriented computer under $1000. I want to be able to have the parts necessary to stream my PC and console games. I know hardware just as the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle require certain computer parts, so this is what I am looking at. I want to be able to get this computer sometime in September. I would appreciate the help. Thank you!
August 10, 2011 5:03:39 PM

So... any ideas? lol
m
l
a c 90 B Homebuilt system
August 10, 2011 5:11:13 PM

Hello Karuto;

$1000 is overkill for what you want to do.
What type of internet connection/speed do you have?
m
l
Related resources
August 10, 2011 5:12:59 PM

It's the upload speed I'd be most interested in knowing.
m
l
August 10, 2011 6:30:17 PM

Well, I have 5mbps download, so I'm sure the upload speed is probably just under 1mbps upload. I figured I didn't need that much, but I figured I'd give a bigger cap and work down. Thanks!
m
l
August 10, 2011 6:37:41 PM

Broadband Speed Tests

Is your ISP one of those that tend to cap or charge for data usage above a certain amount?
m
l
August 10, 2011 6:45:46 PM

Well, I live in Des Moines and use Qwest (just changed to CenturyLink) if that helps. I do not believe that cap or throttle.
m
l
August 10, 2011 10:45:23 PM

Qwest's 1st Rule of Bandwidth Caps: Don't Talk About The Caps

You also need to check the fine print of your service contract to see if they allow you to run a server on a standard broadband contract. I know you probably don't think of 'streaming' video or audio as running a 'server' but that is exactly what you're doing. You might need a business class broadband plan to allow you to do that.

The actual hardware to compress and push the content up to JustinTV isn't a major consideration. Any fast dual core Sandy Bridge CPU tower will do the job nicely.
$500 if you already have a monitor.

m
l
!