Best motherboard for i7-2700k and GTX-670 in 3-way/4-way SLI

Squeakychu

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
I'm building a gaming PC, and I'm looking for a motherboard that will allow me to use my i7-2700k and up to three GTX-670s without being bottlenecked by low PCI bandwidths (4x). I've already bought the i7-2700k for about $250 and I'm trying to future-proof my new system as much as I can so I can play any future games without having to build another entire PC.

With this in mind, I'm considering the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z, since that allows up to 3-way SLI in 8x, 16x, 16x, modes, is supposed to overclock Sandy Bridge CPUs excellently, and can be had for reasonable prices (goes for about $200 used online).

Are there better suggestions for getting the most out of my CPU/GPU combination for around $200, or is this a good MB? Thanks!

Solution
I would buy the Maximus IV Extreme-Z, its from ASUS, and I love the RoG gamer series.

I've used RoG series boards since my Core 2 Duo's and I loved em.

Also they have nice OC software, features, etc;

austing

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
I would buy the Maximus IV Extreme-Z, its from ASUS, and I love the RoG gamer series.

I've used RoG series boards since my Core 2 Duo's and I loved em.

Also they have nice OC software, features, etc;

Solution
IF you need 3/4-WAY and are buying now and have a SB (PCIe 2.0) then there's only one option NF200 as mentioned ASUS P8P67 WS REVOLUTION - http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P67_WS_Revolution/#specifications

The newer PLX Z77's only work in 3/4-WAY with an IB CPU (PCIe 3.0), and will ONLY work 2-WAY SLI with any SB (PCIe 2.0) CPU. Examples that won't work 3/4-WAY with SB but work with IB:
Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3
EVGA Z77 FTW
ASRock Z77 Extreme9
ASUS Maximus V EXTREME
ASUS P8Z77 WS
ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM