Which graphics card ??? HELP!

stapo19

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
which graphics card will be better for gta iv, cod black ops on low or mabye meduim settings

http://www.powercolor.com/au/products_features.asp?id=308#Specification
or

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MSI-N430GT-GT-430-MD1GD3-O-C-LP-1GB-DDR3-PCI-E-VideoCar-/110693871637?pt=AU_Components&hash=item19c5de7015

which is faster ??

my system specs are:

intel pentium d 925 (3ghz dual), (btw i know gta iv is a cpu hungry game)
500w solytech PSU
4gb ddr2 533mhz ram
200gb sata hdd
Asterope3-GL8E motherboard
asus en9500gt magic 512mb ddr2 ( i need to upgrade)

Actually, with DDR3 it's just an overclocked 5570. The GDDR5 makes a big difference so get a GDDR5 model instead

http://www.powercolor.com/au/products_features.asp?id=249

As for your CPU it's not going to be enough for GTA4. To even match the minimum (athlon 4600X2 or C2Duo at 1.8ghz) requirements it should be running at 3.6GHz. If you want a better experience though you should consider upgrading to a relatively cheap sandy bridge i3 or if you're really on a budget an AM3+ board with an Athlon II.

stapo19

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
soory but i cant afford the gdd5 version im on a tight budget unless u can find anything good for $80 AUS and i cant go on newegg because they dont ship to australia. And are use 100% sure that the 5670 DDR3 VERSION BY POWERCOLOR IS BETTER THAN THE MSI GT 430 OVERCLOCKED AT 2000Mhz. btw ive only been looking on eBay

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
I wouldn't trust that power supply. The number you are going to be concerned with is not wattage. You want to look mainly at the amps on the 12v+ rail. For example, that one is 18 amps, a corsair 500 watt supply is around 34. The more the merrier on that number.

stapo19

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
WILL my CURRENT power supply be able to run the his hd 4850 iceQ4 turbo BECAUSE IM WANNA BUY IT NOW BECAUSE IM GETTING IT SOOO CHEAP , just until i get a new PSU and then ill buy a Core 2 Duo/Quad............

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
It's a good deal for the card no doubt. As I said, I would not trust that power supply. You can try it, it may run. But that power supply may also blow up and take the rest of your system with it. Do what you want, but I would not run it.

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
+1 to the above. Also, I think Corsair makes a 430 watt power supply that may fit the bill.

Here is one. If it were me personally, this is the very cheapest I would want in my pc. And honestly I'd rather have more power than that. However, Corsair makes decent products, and I think something like that would not blow your pc sky high.

I know from experience that you don't cheap on power supplies. Fried a board once because of cheap power supplies. Not fun. After about a month the computer just stopped recognizing hard drives and optical drives, not fun. And if a power supply goes out, it can take your entire computer with it. That's why we say do not cheap on a power supply.

By the way, did you see this card on your ebay?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ATI-PowerColor-Radeon-HD-5670-Video-Card-1GB-DDR3-/330572962091?pt=AU_Components&hash=item4cf7af192b

stapo19

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
yes but it is ALOT SLOWER than the hd 4850 so i didnt want it

because i want to play black ops on really good settings and as far as i know the HD 5670 on GDDR3 wont cut it ........

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Don't think black ops is actually that demanding. But you can always upgrade the 4850 later. But as I said, I'd personally look at a corsair, or as another guy said, an antec. Cooler master is decent as well as xfx. You might also see if you can find a bfg tech power supply.

They made decent stuff but as far as I know are going out of business, so maybe you can get a good deal on one of those. I know it's hard to spend more money on the power supply, but don't skimp on it. Would hate to see you enjoying your machine and your power supply give out and fry your pc.

stapo19

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
thanks.... but i will buy the HIS HD4850 IceQ4 Turbo because im getting it soo cheap and will put it in when i buy a GOOD PSU (all the brands recommended buy you)

and also will my current specs on my pc run black ops on good settings