Sign in with
Your question

Can 2.66ghz processor support 1gb ddr ram

Last response: in Motherboards
August 7, 2012 6:31:28 AM

can 2.66ghz processor support 1gb ddr ram as i want to upgrade my computer as presently i have only256MB RAM .Kindly help me out.Thanks
a b V Motherboard
August 7, 2012 9:10:38 AM

It is very likely. Whats the model of both the CPU and the motherboard?
m
l
August 7, 2012 1:42:23 PM

i cannot think of a scenario where it wouldnt.. so yes but the motherboard may not support it.... check your mobos manufacturer .. if you cannot find the model download SIW system information windows and it will tell you the model / mnfctr
m
l
Related resources
August 7, 2012 2:32:14 PM

Theoretically a 64bit processor can support up to 16 exabytes of memory. So 1 gig is fine.

Physically?

Check the board. Most boards have 2-4 slots of RAM. You will have to figure out what the board takes and just fill it out with max RAM possible. Check with the manufacturer of the board.

As for software limitations.

Windows 32bit will only support 4 gigabytes.

Windows 64bit will support more then that.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 7, 2012 4:02:31 PM

I was running 2 gigs of ddr 400 in my old p4 2.4 like 7 years ago.
The important point here is to make sure you get the right ram for your particular motherboard.
m
l
a c 75 V Motherboard
August 7, 2012 9:41:46 PM

If the processor is an Intel® Pentium® 4 processor or a Intel Celeron® that is 32bit the processor would be able to support upto 4GB of memory but the limit maybe the motherboard that you are using. So of the boards from that time may only support smaller sticks that would make unable to reach 1GB of RAM.
m
l
!