Dell Inspiron 6000 and wi-fi (under Linux Mandrake v10.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Joseph Drayton wrote:

The i6000 came with Intel Pro/Wireless 2200 b/g, Intel Pro/Wireless 2915
a/b/g. Frankly, I don't think Mdk 10.1 supports either of these cards.
You might have some luck with ndiswrapper (if 10.1 supports it) and the
windows driver set (if ndiswrapper supports the chipsets), but I rather
doubt that ndiswrapper will work with either card since Mdk 10.1
predates the wireless cards. Check
http://freshmeat.net/projects/ndiswrapper/

Good luck. Wireless on laptops is a Linux deficiency.