Dell Inspiron 6000 and wi-fi (under Linux Mandrake v10.1)

2 answers Last reply
More about dell inspiron 6000 under linux mandrake

    C.Joseph Drayton wrote:

    The i6000 came with Intel Pro/Wireless 2200 b/g, Intel Pro/Wireless 2915
    a/b/g. Frankly, I don't think Mdk 10.1 supports either of these cards.
    You might have some luck with ndiswrapper (if 10.1 supports it) and the
    windows driver set (if ndiswrapper supports the chipsets), but I rather
    doubt that ndiswrapper will work with either card since Mdk 10.1
    predates the wireless cards. Check
    http://freshmeat.net/projects/ndiswrapper/

    Good luck. Wireless on laptops is a Linux deficiency.

Dell Inspiron WiFi and Home Networking PGP Laptops