Sign in with
Your question

Condensing 2 routers

Last response: in Networking
October 4, 2010 6:12:00 PM

Hello, I have two routers currently. One is connected to my fiber connection from Verizon and the other is connected to the first router (the second router being placed in a seperate room). The second router is an Airlink101 150N Draft 802.11n Wireless Router, Model # AR670W. The first, and original wireless router, is an old motorola-based one. Despite the old one working perfectly, it's a -G based one and therefore not the amount of coverage I need for my home.

When I try to simply switch the original motorola one for the Airlink one, the airlink one does not give internet access. It will show on the network, will allow my 3 computers to connect to it, and act as if it is getting internet. However, when we go online, there is no internet connection. The airlink also shows there is no internet connection for the router.

I do not know what I am doing, to be honest, and would like any and all help I could get. Thanks.

More about : condensing routers

Anonymous
October 4, 2010 9:22:50 PM

Probably need to enable DHCP in the Airlink router and restore the default IP address.

Simplest to press the reset and start afresh.

Also check TCP/IP in the computer(s):

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.
!