Can't Install New Motherboard

Onza

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
I installed a new motherboard into a new case, but it requires you to install it with a disc before it can be used. I booted my computer up and it went directly to start-up repair. After numerous attempts at that, I finally just decided to restore my computer. So it restored, but I still can't get passed the star-up repair, let alone my PC in general. How do you suggest I install my disc? I've already tried setting my Main boot device as my CD-ROM and pressed F8 on the motherboard loading screen to choose it, but it still won't work.

With windows vista or win 7 you have to completely re-install if you replace the motherboard . If you have a recovery disc from an OEM [ HP . Acer etc ] it simply wont install on a hard drive attached to the new motherboard so you will be forced to buy a new copy of windows , and probably a new hard drive because before you can instal you will have to format and that means nuking all your saved files .........

Blame microsoft

Onza

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
I apologize. It's brand new, from the factory. It's not the same motherboard as the last one, it's a different brand but same chipset and CPU. My HDD is connected via SATA1 and optical drive via SATA2.

Motherboard:

ASUS P5KPL-AM EPU Intel Socket 755 G31/ICH7 Chipset.
Motherboard on ASUS Website (Exact Specifications)

My previous motherboard came factory with my Acer computer, so it's an Acer motherboard.