Solved

RMA Mobo, or did I miss somthing

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Power
Last response: in Motherboards
a c 163 V Motherboard
August 8, 2012 1:20:06 AM

Gots me an issue here on my gaming rig. I believe the mobo is dead but If I missed something...
Starting about a week ago - rinsed and cleaned rad/waterblock. During reassembly and leak testing I leaked. NP, took apart loop, reassembled, waited 24 hours for complete evaporation, refilled loop, ran it for 6 hours no leaks. Plugged in mobo (24 & 8 pins), reseated vid card (plugged in 2xPCI 6 pins to it) - the only things that had been unplugged during rebuild/leak testing. Pushed power on the case, nothing, pushed power on the motherboard, nothing. The power and reset lights are lit on the mobo as they should be but there is no start function within the mobo. Not even a start of the POST led display - nothing.
Breadboarded the mobo, no start with on board power button or arcing the panel start header. Checked PSU, all voltages tested within +/- 5% - done with digital multimeter
I'm thinking the mobo is going back to Asus but is there something I may have missed that you can think of?
Thanks,

More about : rma mobo miss somthing

Best solution

a c 329 V Motherboard
August 8, 2012 1:28:14 AM

Try this.

Reset the CMOS memory the right way as is described in the motherboard manual using the clear CMOS link with the power cord unplugged.
And when the battery is out, press the power button to discharge all the electricity from the system.
How To Clear CMOS @ http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/clearcmo...

a c 329 V Motherboard
August 8, 2012 1:28:55 AM

Not a beep?
m
l
Related resources
August 8, 2012 1:32:36 AM

clear the CMOS
m
l
a c 163 V Motherboard
August 8, 2012 2:06:49 AM