sky01454

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Hello I am really confused so I want some advice and support.

I recently got a new PC (custom built) and everything turns out to be working fine but I keep having an error for the display. My computer would freeze up and then my screen would go blank and then there is a warning from Windows which says

"the display driver has stopped responding and has been recovered"

This has been happening for the last 2 days and it is at the point where it would just crash the system. However it froze on me when I was watching a Youtube video and I could still hear the sound but the screen stays frozen. My computer specification are:

CPU: Intel SandyBridge i5 2500K 3.1Ghz
RAM: 4GB (2x2) G.SKill Ripjaws
HDD: Seagate 500GB SATA II
GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6950 FLex Edition
PSU: Coolermaster Silent Pro 850W
MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro

I also have a good case (Fractual Design R3 with 4 fans) to keep my hardware cool. I only had the card for two days so I still have warrenty and can return it to the seller.

I though it might be that the driver is not happy with the 64 bit OS but I think it might be a faulty card. The card does not overheat and has NOT been overclocked so I am confused. I tried updating and reinstalling the drivers and I installed a fresh copy of Window 2 days ago so I dont think there would be any problem with registery. I played half life 2 and it did not crash but the game would suddenly freeze and then the screen would go blank and then everything is back to normal. This happens commonly between loading.

I would really appricate some help and support.

Thank You

PS: Almost forgot the catalyst version I am using is 11.5