Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Why I support nintendo

Tags:
  • Console Gaming
  • Consoles
  • Nintendo
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 4:41:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

Lets face it, pretty much every console that has come out has been
technologically superior to the one before it (if only by a little bit
sometimes) playstation 2 is not an technically great console - it just
has great games.

The one area that nintendo beats everybody hands down is innovation,
they are almost single handedly responsible for every single innovation
in gaming console history, whether it's the rumble pack, analogue stick,
touch screen or (ahem!) virtual boy they always push the boundries.

To all you PS2, XBOX owners etc. who love to bash Nintendo - think what
the market would be like without somebody to take risks and push new
ideas forward. The gaming world would be a lot worse off without N.

Dom.

More about : support nintendo

January 1, 2005 5:15:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"manfatto" <man@ndirect.co.uk> wrote in message
news:41d6a858$0$44979$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net...
> Lets face it, pretty much every console that has come out has been
> technologically superior to the one before it (if only by a little bit
> sometimes) playstation 2 is not an technically great console - it just has
> great games.
>
> The one area that nintendo beats everybody hands down is innovation, they
> are almost single handedly responsible for every single innovation
> in gaming console history, whether it's the rumble pack, analogue stick,
> touch screen or (ahem!) virtual boy they always push the boundries.
>
> To all you PS2, XBOX owners etc. who love to bash Nintendo - think what
> the market would be like without somebody to take risks and push new ideas
> forward. The gaming world would be a lot worse off without N.
>
> Dom.


All of what you say is true, its just a shame they cant be as innovative
with thier games. All they seem to do is churn out endless sequels, Mario
Party, Starfox, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, F Zero, ok so they get better on
each console but we've seen them all so many many times before, its time
they started coming out with ground braking games instead of more of the
same as innovation in hardware wont win them any new fans. Look at Sony,
they havent come out with anything very new in anything they have released
into the gaming community but they are leading by so much in the industry.
Nintendo may have the products they just dont market them correctly, over
here in Europe at least, Ive not seen gamecube advert for months.
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 7:04:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

You are of course right. I think that Nintendo pissed so many developers
off in the eighties, early ninties with their arrogance that it came
back to bite them. There have been some innovations in gameplay (if
that's possible at all). Wario springs to mind and the update of Metroid
whilst based around an FPS was really much more than that - I wouldn't
have thought it possible to get the same feel as the Snes versions until
I played it. Pikmin is quite original as is super monkey ball but the
lack of a new innovative Mario and a glut of sequels is worrying. If the
next zelda game is based around the same tired formula I'm going to cry.

Dom.


Dman wrote:

> "manfatto" <man@ndirect.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:41d6a858$0$44979$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net...
>
>>Lets face it, pretty much every console that has come out has been
>>technologically superior to the one before it (if only by a little bit
>>sometimes) playstation 2 is not an technically great console - it just has
>>great games.
>>
>>The one area that nintendo beats everybody hands down is innovation, they
>>are almost single handedly responsible for every single innovation
>>in gaming console history, whether it's the rumble pack, analogue stick,
>>touch screen or (ahem!) virtual boy they always push the boundries.
>>
>>To all you PS2, XBOX owners etc. who love to bash Nintendo - think what
>>the market would be like without somebody to take risks and push new ideas
>>forward. The gaming world would be a lot worse off without N.
>>
>>Dom.
>
>
>
> All of what you say is true, its just a shame they cant be as innovative
> with thier games. All they seem to do is churn out endless sequels, Mario
> Party, Starfox, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, F Zero, ok so they get better on
> each console but we've seen them all so many many times before, its time
> they started coming out with ground braking games instead of more of the
> same as innovation in hardware wont win them any new fans. Look at Sony,
> they havent come out with anything very new in anything they have released
> into the gaming community but they are leading by so much in the industry.
> Nintendo may have the products they just dont market them correctly, over
> here in Europe at least, Ive not seen gamecube advert for months.
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 7:37:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"manfatto" <man@ndirect.co.uk> wrote in message
news:41d6c9c3$0$52584$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net...
<snip>
> If the next zelda game is based around the same tired formula I'm going to
> cry.
>

Start crying. if you've seen the screens as i have it looks like an updated
OoT. Doesn't mean it won't sell though, i'm getting a copy when it's out.
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 4:59:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"Ratz2010" <nospam@all.com> wrote in message news:7lABd.202806$Np3.8490197@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
>
> "manfatto" <man@ndirect.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:41d6c9c3$0$52584$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net...
> <snip>
> > If the next zelda game is based around the same tired formula I'm going to
> > cry.
> >
>
> Start crying. if you've seen the screens as i have it looks like an updated
> OoT. Doesn't mean it won't sell though, i'm getting a copy when it's out.

Ditto. I'm sure the puzzles will still make you think. I just hope it's longer
than Wind Waker.
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 1:30:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"Dman" <dman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:41d6b08e$0$113$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net...

> All of what you say is true, its just a shame they cant be as innovative
> with thier games.

Pikmin, Lugi's, etc?
!