Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ASUS M5A97 Short Beep on POST

Last response: in Motherboards
August 8, 2012 1:41:30 AM

Getting on short beep one POST. According to the documentation, it's either VGA detected, Quick boot set to disabled, No keyboard detected.

I have keyboard, and my flat screen uses the DVI inputs. So does that mean I have to enable quick boot?

Some troubleshooting help would be great, thanks!

Specs:
M5A97 mobo
AMD FX -4100 Quad-Core CPU
Radeon HD 6450 GPU
Corsair TX550 PSU
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 428 V Motherboard
August 8, 2012 4:19:58 AM

Normally, one beep on start up is the signal all is OK. What kind of issue are you having?
m
l
August 8, 2012 4:39:18 AM

Well, it's a new build, and I was under the impression that a single beep means some issue, even though I'm not actually aware of any issue, i mean, all appears to be running fine. My previous asus mobo had no beeps on post, I guess I was going by that.

The fact that the manual has three possible conditions for a single beep is a bit misleading, however.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 155 V Motherboard
August 8, 2012 5:38:00 AM

W201 said:
Well, it's a new build, and I was under the impression that a single beep means some issue, even though I'm not actually aware of any issue, i mean, all appears to be running fine. My previous asus mobo had no beeps on post, I guess I was going by that.

The fact that the manual has three possible conditions for a single beep is a bit misleading, however.

Nope, you're okay, the single beep is for a "good POST"
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 428 V Motherboard
August 8, 2012 2:47:37 PM

W201 said:

I just looked at that page in your motherboard manual. I have no clue why they list 'no keyboard detected' under one beep. But what you hear means it passed POST.

If a previous board didn't beep at POST, it could mean it didn't have a speaker, the speaker wasn't working, it was plugged in the wrong polarity, or the board wasn't sending the signal to the speaker as it should have.
m
l
August 8, 2012 2:48:50 PM

Best answer selected by W201.
m
l
August 8, 2012 2:49:06 PM

Thanks!
m
l
!