Solved

ASUS M5A97 Short Beep on POST

Getting on short beep one POST. According to the documentation, it's either VGA detected, Quick boot set to disabled, No keyboard detected.

I have keyboard, and my flat screen uses the DVI inputs. So does that mean I have to enable quick boot?

Some troubleshooting help would be great, thanks!

Specs:
M5A97 mobo
AMD FX -4100 Quad-Core CPU
Radeon HD 6450 GPU
Corsair TX550 PSU
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus m5a97 short beep post
  1. Normally, one beep on start up is the signal all is OK. What kind of issue are you having?
  2. Well, it's a new build, and I was under the impression that a single beep means some issue, even though I'm not actually aware of any issue, i mean, all appears to be running fine. My previous asus mobo had no beeps on post, I guess I was going by that.

The fact that the manual has three possible conditions for a single beep is a bit misleading, however.
  3. Best answer
    W201 said:
    Well, it's a new build, and I was under the impression that a single beep means some issue, even though I'm not actually aware of any issue, i mean, all appears to be running fine. My previous asus mobo had no beeps on post, I guess I was going by that.

The fact that the manual has three possible conditions for a single beep is a bit misleading, however.

Nope, you're okay, the single beep is for a "good POST"
  4. W201 said:
    Well, it's a new build, and I was under the impression that a single beep means some issue, even though I'm not actually aware of any issue, i mean, all appears to be running fine. My previous asus mobo had no beeps on post, I guess I was going by that.

I just looked at that page in your motherboard manual. I have no clue why they list 'no keyboard detected' under one beep. But what you hear means it passed POST.

If a previous board didn't beep at POST, it could mean it didn't have a speaker, the speaker wasn't working, it was plugged in the wrong polarity, or the board wasn't sending the signal to the speaker as it should have.
  5. Best answer selected by W201.
  6. Thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards