Need urgent help with 24pin cable

diktat

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Hello everyone.

I'm almost done building my new rig, but I now need to plug the 24pin cable from the PSU to the motherboard.

I have:

- Corsair ax1200w

- Asus maximus IV extreme-z

Now this is really strange. None of the "images" in the mobo's user manual explain how to do this correctly. I know I'm supposed to plug in the 24pins to the motherboard, but on the other side of the cable, there is a 14pin connector and a 10pin one.. Am I supposed to put BOTH in? only one?

Logic would say both.. 24pin to 24pin.. but the user manual shows (in weird chinese images), that I have options on which cable to plug in...

Can anyone help please? =x

Thank you so much

diktat

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Additional info =p

I connected the sata power cables to my hard drives and optical drive, and they both end in a 6pin connecter.. what do i use to connect them to the PSU?

popatim

Titan
the 6 pin ends plug into the socket on the PSU itself, in the sockets under the label that says "Peripheral & Sata" on the PSU.

I think you have the 24 pin motherbd connector installed backwards. The 10 and 14 pin ends go into the PSU (in the connectors on the top right labeled 24Pin ATX) and the motherbd end requires you to put the 20 and the 4 pins together and then install it into the mobo.

The GPU end of the modular wires have a 6+2 pin design, If your GPU has 1 or more 8 pin connectors you would put them together just like the 24pin MoBo connector. The PSU end of that cable goes into the ports under the label "6+2pin PCIe & 4+4 CPU"

At this point the CPU connector on the motherbd should be self explanitory. Its either a 4 pin or 8 pin.

cps1974

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009

do you need english (or other) language manual?
they have english...

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_IV_ExtremeZ/#download

chaz