Solved

Is my Gigabyte Motherboard compatible with GTX 670?

Hi, I have a Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H and wanting to upgrade my GTX 560 to the 670 and I was wondering if it is compatible.
The 670 uses one 6-pin and one 8-pin power connector which I'm not sure about. Not sure if I need to upgrade the Mobo, too!

Thanks a lot.

(Extra info just in case, I have AMD Phenom II X4 965BE OC to 3.8, 8GB of G-Skill 1600Mhz RAM, 1 x 24" LED Monitor.)
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gigabyte motherboard compatible
  1. Site won't let me edit my message, but my PSU is the GX650 by Cooler Master.
  2. Both the motherboard and PSU will work just fine with a 670.

The main issue is that the GX650 isn't a very good quality unit (unless it's the GX650 Bronze, which is ok). A 670 only requires a 500W PSU, though (and 2 6 pin PCIe connectors, according to Nvidia), so it's not like you'll really be stressing it, but it's just something to think about.
  3. Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, it's a Bronze, sorry for not putting that to start with!
    Ah, the 670 Gigabyte version states it requires one 6 and one 8 (I don't know why it's different to other brands.)
  4. Best answer
    ladyhawke_x said:
    Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, it's a Bronze, sorry for not putting that to start with!
    Ah, the 670 Gigabyte version states it requires one 6 and one 8 (I don't know why it's different to other brands.)

It's fine then, and the GX650 Bronze (and the regular GX650 too, actually) has 2 6+2 pin PCIe connectors, so you're good to go there, as well.
  5. Great, thanks a lot for reassuring me (:

Nice rig by the way.
  6. Best answer selected by ladyhawke_x.
  7. ladyhawke_x said:
    Great, thanks a lot for reassuring me (:

Nice rig by the way.

You're welcome, and thanks! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Gtx Compatibility Motherboards