Reboot without BSOD or memory dump

sherstillo

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Good day
First of all I beg your pardon for my English.
I have a BIG problem with my new built. It reboots when I installing some programs or games or when i lunch them. Even when windows starts just before the desktop appears.
here is mi built:
MOBO-asus p6x58d-e
CPU - core i7 950
RAM - Kingston KHX1600C93K3/6GX (from asus QVL)
Grfic Cards - MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk X 2 (SLI)
HDD - Western Digital Velociraptor 450GB WD4500HLHX (it's SATA3 But i connected it to the SATA2 port)
Opt drive DVD-rom NEC or something
PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower 750W (P/N W0117)
OS - Windows 7 64-bit
as I noticed in the thread title i have no BSOD nor a memory dump. so i think the problem is in my PSU... But i tried to lunch my built with the single video card guess what... the result is the same.
first day everything was just fine, no reboots no BSod. i played for about 20-30 min, installed some progs, games, updated BIOS from 0502 to 0701 (played after that operation and everything was allright). the next day I turned on my PC i played for a wile and it has shuted down (don't know why. could it be a shirt circuit? it was open on my desk) i tried to turn it on - nothing. so i unplugged it from the wall, than replugged and everything was ok. i could play the games and doing stuff.
after putting all the parts of my new PC in the case i ran bulletstorm for about 15 minutes without any problem. than i tried to install Crysis 2 and the nightmare has begun. reboot after reboot while trying to install the game. then reboot just before getting to the desktop (at the windows startup) then reboot after lunching games etc. I am sure that there is no any BSOD cause i unmarked the automatic reboot in windows control panel, also there is no memory dump file. I tried to reinstall OS - nothing. to downgrade BIOS - nothing. so can anybody help me please((((( I hope that it's a PSU problem but I'm afraid thet it can be a mobo issue (in my country it's pretty hard to get a replacement of broken parts or get your many back(mostly)

P.S. one more time sorry for my English))

p.p.s. can it be my mobo, just theoretically?

sherstillo

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

HI rolli59
thank You for your quick answer. I ran the test(v4.0) 4 times - 0 errors. Does it means that my CPU and RAm are ok? could it be a motherboard problem? I'm asking cause i think that it is odd that my PC was working fine the first day i buit it. And another strange thing is that it still rebooting with a single GTX560 or another videocard (i tried TGS8800 512 ).
And if I have to buy a new PSU witch one you suggest to buy?
Zelman zm 1000-hp plus (http://www.zalman.com/eng/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=405) is it good ?

sherstillo

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
or Seasonic SS-850KM (http://www.seasonic.com/pdf/datasheet/NEW/Retail/X-560-660-760-850.pdf) it's less powerful but of good quality. the question is will the 850w be enough for my built?

3xch4ng3

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

I would check the PSU beofer going out an buying a new one. You can get a PSU Tester for cheap:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16899887005

That way you know if the PSU is the actual problem. I would also check the memory timing on the RAM within the BIOS. I had the exact same issue with my system passing Memtest but still randomly rebooting, turned out the BIOS was setting my memory to the wrong timing and it would cause the reboot.