Your question

New Gaming Computer

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Computer
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 10, 2011 3:58:39 PM

Hi. After a lot of questions, i've selected the parts for my new computer. If something is not compatible, i'd like you to tell me. And i want you to talk about how balanced this computer is. Thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Approximate Purchase Date: September-October (Must purchase some things earlier due to limited availability)

Budget Range: Around 1500$ (I calculate everything with Euros, be might wrong about dollars)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Hardcore Gaming, Watching Movies, Surfing the Web, Rare Video Editing-Rendering with Vegas Pro 10, rare use of Photoshop CS5)

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Headset, Hard Drive, Optical Drive

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon.com (a couple of things will be purchased from other stores in my country)

Country of Origin: Well, i have some relatives in USA, that will buy and send the things to me, at Greece.

Parts Preferences: N/A

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I would like a powerful computer, capable of running the latest games, and the games that are about to come, in max settings.

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 (Most likely to be purchased from my country)

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3(Most likely to be purchased from my country)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Power Supply: CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850 80 Plus Gold Certified 850w (Most likely to be purchased from my country)

Cooling: Antec KUHLER H20 920 Liquid CPU Cooling System

Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 590 Classified Edition

That's all. Thanks.

More about : gaming computer

August 11, 2011 1:28:20 AM

Well, between the 570 SLI and a single GTX 590. The 570 SLI will have better full load power consumption and will idle a tad more than the GTX 590. They will be within 5-7 C of each other in load/idle temperature and they're only 2 db(A) apart in loudness. As for the performance, it depends on resolution and setting but it does perform a bit better than a single GTX 590 for the most part.

benchmark: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4239/nvidias-geforce-gtx-...

I would opt for Kingstons or G.SKILL RAM isntead of Corsair. You will get the same performance and reliability for a lower price.

Taco is right, you have no HDD mentioned. If you still need to find one, I suggest a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM or a 2TB HDD from WD.
August 11, 2011 7:58:01 PM

I'd suggest an SSD if you're spending that much on a computer.
!