Sign in with
Your question

World of Warcraft

Last response: in Networking
October 4, 2010 9:28:11 PM

I switched from WiFi to Ethernet, my WiFi was fine but never connected as fast. So, I switched to Ethernet and now I can't connect to some websites and most importantly World of Warcraft. The connection says "Unable to Connect" each time I try to log in. All I need is to know if my browser needs to be updated, and I've already tried all Fire Wall possibility's. Let me guess, 3Com Office Connect may be to old?

More about : world warcraft

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 5, 2010 8:45:50 AM

This is quick and simple and might help:

Check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.
m
l
October 5, 2010 9:25:22 PM

116362,2,336296 said:
This is quick and simple and might help:

Check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.[/quotems.

When you replied, it shown a more understanding :)  . Yet for me, I need a walk through :??:  . But, my Speed: 100.0 MBP's. And connections great, but I still can't understand how I am not able to get on some sites :cry:  . I doubt its my firewall and I did as you said. But there is UPD and TCP, the programs/connections I want are not on there, except Blizzard Downloader but not the Launcher or opening segment to let me connect further online experience. Here's an example of what I had to do.

<description of server>
<external port number for this service> O TCP O UPD Choose either. ( O's= Choose which )
<internal port number for this service>

Yes I know the meaning of TCP and UPD, and I've added my own IP in the "Description of Server", and external port number for service and internal, both numbers that are not used. Also, they are checked off and enabled. Also, since the game connects Online, should I use a browser other then Explorer 8? I have google also, and I never had this problem until I switched from WiFi to Ethernet, sorry to repeat such things but this is really aggravating. It would be awesome if you could give me some incite and help me with this situation. :( 
m
l
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 5, 2010 11:18:03 PM

I don't know if you need special settings for WoW. But it does sound as if your network settings are messed up and I think I would delete the connection and re-run the networking wizard and just let it it set to the defaults.

Then if you can get to regular internet sites but can't get to WoW I woul repost of the Gaming forum and see what they suggest.
m
l
!