Sign in with
Your question

Corsiar Vengeance 8 gb 1866 mhz Ram requirements?

Last response: in Memory
August 8, 2012 11:58:55 AM

Hi Guys,

I am upgrading my ram hopefully to this stuff -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corsair-Vengeance-8GB-2x4GB-D...

And I just wanted to know if you have to follow any specific requirements or manually change voltage settings ect. as it is 1866mhz or can I simply slot it in like normal ram and carry on?

If someone could let me know that would be great, here are my specifications incase they are needed -

Intel i7 950 3.06ghz (stock settings) using a hyper 212 evo cooler
GTX 670 FTW video card
Current ram is 6gb 1333mhz (the brand is V-data)
600 watt PSU

If you need any other of my details let me know, once again thanks for any help you guys give me

SPiiTFiiRE88

August 8, 2012 12:19:38 PM

I'm not a expert with RAM over clocking... But from what i know is the limitation ( at stock speeds ) is limited to the FSB (front side bus) of the motherboard. If the motherboard ram slots supports 800, 1200, 1333, 1600 MHZ and so on, That's what your speed of the ram will be auto clocked to regardless if the ram you purchase is set higher. Whatever the maximum is the board supports is the max you will get for MHZ on your ram

After that point is where you would tweak it, for OC purposes.

August 8, 2012 12:31:37 PM

nao1120 said:
I'm not a expert with RAM over clocking... But from what i know is the limitation ( at stock speeds ) is limited to the FSB (front side bus) of the motherboard. If the motherboard ram slots supports 800, 1200, 1333, 1600 MHZ and so on, That's what your speed of the ram will be auto clocked to regardless if the ram you purchase is set higher. Whatever the maximum is the board supports is the max you will get for MHZ on your ram

After that point is where you would tweak it, for OC purposes.

Ok cool thanks mate, how would I find out the details of my front side bus?
Related resources
!