GBA SP link cable question

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 2, 2005 11:09:15 PM

Got my son a Gamecube for Christmas and one of those link cables that
connect the GBA SP to it. With the Nintendo cable, you're supposed to be
able to play GBA SP games on your Gamecube but I can find hardly any games
that use this feature. I was at Media Play the other day and looked at the
back of almost all of the GBA SP games and only found 3 games that were
compatible with the Gamecube. 2 of them were Pokeman and the other was Mario
Golf Adventure. My question is this : Is there a link on the 'Net that lists
the GBA games that are compatible with the Cube ?

Kris
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 6:01:32 AM

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 20:09:15 -0800, "Kris" <kris65@bluefrog.com> wrote:

>Got my son a Gamecube for Christmas and one of those link cables that
>connect the GBA SP to it. With the Nintendo cable, you're supposed to be
>able to play GBA SP games on your Gamecube but I can find hardly any games
>that use this feature. I was at Media Play the other day and looked at the
>back of almost all of the GBA SP games and only found 3 games that were
>compatible with the Gamecube. 2 of them were Pokeman and the other was Mario
>Golf Adventure. My question is this : Is there a link on the 'Net that lists
>the GBA games that are compatible with the Cube ?
>
>Kris

Whoa whoa whoa. Either your son didn't correctly tell you what the
cable is for or you didn't do your homework. If you want to be able
to play any and all GBA cartridges on your TV via your GameCube
system, then you need the GameBoy Player product that attaches to the
bottom of the GameCube system. The GBA to GameCube link cable is only
for use in games that support it. It is not an all purpose device for
all games nor does it allow you to play your GBA games on the TV. It
can be used to control some GameCube games and transfer data between
some products, but that's about it.

So yeah, you should've bought him the GameBoy Player.
January 3, 2005 6:01:33 AM

Yeah, I'm beginning to see that. That thing is $40 though and I went the
cheap, $10 cable route. My mistake I guess. Didn't do my homework ...
although thinking back to the purchase, the sales guy said the cable will
work with all games. Damn liar.

Kris

"SevenSamurai" <20xx@20xx.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 20:09:15 -0800, "Kris" <kris65@bluefrog.com> wrote:
>
> >Got my son a Gamecube for Christmas and one of those link cables that
> >connect the GBA SP to it. With the Nintendo cable, you're supposed to be
> >able to play GBA SP games on your Gamecube but I can find hardly any
games
> >that use this feature. I was at Media Play the other day and looked at
the
> >back of almost all of the GBA SP games and only found 3 games that were
> >compatible with the Gamecube. 2 of them were Pokeman and the other was
Mario
> >Golf Adventure. My question is this : Is there a link on the 'Net that
lists
> >the GBA games that are compatible with the Cube ?
> >
> >Kris
> >

> Whoa whoa whoa. Either your son didn't correctly tell you what the
> cable is for or you didn't do your homework. If you want to be able
> to play any and all GBA cartridges on your TV via your GameCube
> system, then you need the GameBoy Player product that attaches to the
> bottom of the GameCube system. The GBA to GameCube link cable is only
> for use in games that support it. It is not an all purpose device for
> all games nor does it allow you to play your GBA games on the TV. It
> can be used to control some GameCube games and transfer data between
> some products, but that's about it.
>
> So yeah, you should've bought him the GameBoy Player.

Anonymous
January 3, 2005 12:16:51 PM

"Kris" <kris65@bluefrog.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, I'm beginning to see that. That thing is $40 though and I went the
> cheap, $10 cable route. My mistake I guess. Didn't do my homework ...
> although thinking back to the purchase, the sales guy said the cable will
> work with all games. Damn liar.

He's probably not a liar so much as ignorant. I work at circuit city myself,
and it's kind of amazing how few people actually know what the hell they're
talking about..

Then again, it's also amazing just how HARD it is to explain the GBA/GC
connectivity to people sometimes. It took me half an hour to explain it to a
customer once...
!