Thoughts about my new gaming rig?

paliovouna

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Hi. After a lot of questions, i've selected the parts for my new computer. If something is not compatible, i'd like you to tell me. And i want you to talk about how balanced this computer is. Thanks.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Approximate Purchase Date: September-October (Must purchase some things earlier due to limited availability)

Budget Range: Around 1500$ (I calculate everything with Euros, be might wrong about dollars)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Hardcore Gaming, Watching Movies, Surfing the Web, Rare Video Editing-Rendering with Vegas Pro 10, rare use of Photoshop CS5)

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Headset, Hard Drive, Optical Drive

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon.com (a couple of things will be purchased from other stores in my country)

Country of Origin: Well, i have some relatives in USA, that will buy and send the things to me, at Greece.

Parts Preferences: N/A

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I would like a powerful computer, capable of running the latest games, and the games that are about to come, in max settings.

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Case

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3GHz

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68P-DS3

RAM: ORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz

Power Supply: CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850 80 Plus Gold Certified 850w

Cooling: Antec KUHLER H2O 920 Liquid Cooling System

Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 590 3GB Classified Edition

Is the computer balanced? Would i need to add another 590 in quad-sli, in like the next year? Would it worth it?

Thanks.

paliovouna

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Yeah, it's not sure if they will be released in October or November.

And we don't know if those cards will have bugs, major problems and stuff.

Moreover, what video cards will be released? High-end, which is what i am looking for, or mid-range ones?

So, i am not going to risk it by waiting. GTX 590 would last quite a while with my single monitor i think.

rvilkman

Distinguished
GTX590 is just very expensive, since when you upgrade you would most likely be replacing video cards anyway, I would recommend 560Ti SLI.

It gives you pretty much all the juice you will need at a much nicer cost. <$500 before rebates and stuff, and can be had for as low as $400 after.
So it is $300:ish less than the GTX590.

You can spend the money you save on a SSD or possibly beefing up the PSU even more so you will not run into any issues with it down the road.
Like the Corsair AX1200.

paliovouna

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
I'm actually buying the 590, it's confirmed now.

And, maybe, i'll have up to 3 monitors (that's new), so next year, i will quad sli two 590's

Thanks. everyone.