No crossfire Improvement in any game

mtb2008

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
I have 2 radeon 4850s and cannot get crossfire to work. I have already uninstalled all the ati software and used driver sweeper and reinstalled. With reboots between every step and using safe mode for driver sweeper. I have also tried using 1/2 bridges and switching them in every way possible. Crossfire enables with no issues and will show the crossfire icon in games if i enable it. I have checked all the motherboard bios settings too and updated the bios.

Tried Battlefield bad company 2, Oblivion, Starcraft ii, Rift, Crysis 1 and 2 and call of duty modern warfare 2
They all get the exact same performance at 1920x1080.

I cant figure it out and am ready to sell the extra if it wont work.

MSI 870A-G54 Crossfire motherboard
2 Radeon 4850s 512 mb
4GB DDR3 Ram
600W PSU Coolermaster
Amd Phenom II X4 3.6GB

Rift and Starcraft II are very CPU intensive, those could be causing some cpu bottlenecks, but Crysis should definitely show some improvement. Have you use FRAPs or some other form of FPS reading?

You might also try running a benchmark, like 3dmark11. Sometimes you don't notice improvement because you didn't have bad FPS before.

One last thing, do you run Smart Doctor, Trixx or any other OC tool/graphics tool? Many of them are known to cause problem, especially when ran with CCC.

mtb2008

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
I have msi afterburner but it was installed to monitor gpu usage. It says that i use 0% gpu power on the second gpu. I have tested by removing the first and it works with a gpu in the second slot only fine. Im getting fraps now.

MSI afterburner, if you don't set any profiles doesn't normally cause a problem, but getting 0% usage on the 2nd GPU while in a game does show a problem. Normally that is only the case at the desktop, or Rifts windowed fullscreen (looks like fullscreen, but functions like windowed).

TRENDING THREADS