Solved

What is the correct voltage for an i5 2500k?

What is the correct voltage for an i5 2500k?

I ask because my Gigabyte MB seems to be undervolting the CPU when overclocking (even mild overclocks to just 4 GHz), leading to blue screens.

So I want to set the voltage to the proper value manually.

Thanks in advance.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what correct voltage 2500k
  1. According to Outervision's PSU calculator, your processor uses 1.3 volts.

Edit: If you're getting undervoltage, you may have a PSU problem. I can't confirm or deny this part though as I have too much uncertainty.
  2. Well, it's recommended not to go above 1.4V. The lower you can run it stable the better.
  3. i am runing i5 2500k
    here are my specs on stock frequency

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/9f874
  4. pell380 said:
    i am runing i5 2500k
    here are my specs on stock frequency

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/9f874

I was asking about voltage, not frequency.
  5. What is your undervoltas (ie Vcore = XXXX at idle and under load).

@ 4.0->4.2 probably a good vcore would be around 1.25 -> 1.3 und load.

Intel max is 1.5V, but would recommend staying below 1.4
    NOTE: Max voltage for Ram is 1.575 per intel spec. (Note some have used 1.65 V Ram, I have 1.60 v Ram)
  6. RetiredChief said:
    What is your undervoltas (ie Vcore = XXXX at idle and under load).

@ 4.0->4.2 probably a good vcore would be around 1.25 -> 1.3 und load.

Intel max is 1.5V, but would recommend staying below 1.4
    NOTE: Max voltage for Ram is 1.575 per intel spec. (Note some have used 1.65 V Ram, I have 1.60 v Ram)

I see the voltage vary from about 0.77 to 1.38, so the voltages are in a good range, it just seems that under load when overclocking, the MB can't keep up (this is just my thinking) with the changing demands, and I get sporadic undervoltage situations. I'm thinking that if I just set the voltage to something like 1.35 and leave it there, I won't run into this situation in the future.
  7. Best answer
    What I would do is set it to the 1.35, run prime 95 (Blend mode). monitor voltags (primarily the +12 V Rail), and temps. No Blue screens. Lower vcore and rerun prime 95. Shoot for the Lowest vcore that will maitain stability - No errors, no Bluescreens.
  8. Best answer selected by abekl.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Intel i5 Gigabyte