.Net 3.5 update will not install

G

For sometime now my computer has been trying to install this update and every time it fails;

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86

I do not notice any problems with the way my computer is operating I just get tired of it continually trying to install this update only to get it to fail.

I have tried installing previous .Net frameworks such as .Net2.0 and 2.5 but nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions how I can install this update?

nickdave

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Try this
It should already be there. Go to Control Panel -> programs and features -> click turn windows features on or off and check if its there. You may have to manually turn it on.

If not maybe try this tool

I use the .net cleanup tool on a daily basis when i run into these problems with my customers. Find it here http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool.shtml
Run it for all frameworks, restart the computer and run your windows update for the .net 3.5 sp1.

Are you sure that will work? I'm skeptical that the .Net install kits will work on Windows 7.... Microsoft has no reason to make sure they work there since nobody should normally have to use them on that OS. I'd also be concerned that some pieces of Win7 itself may be dependent on .Net and could screw up if it's removed.

I'd want to be convinced that those issues wouldn't screw me up before I'd try removing the .Net framework.

That's one assumption we are just going to have to make. The forum sections are pretty clearly labeled. If the OP can't read those, I highly doubt any progress will be made on the problem anyway...