The Third Age

Does anyone know where to get detailed information about the workings
of this game? I'm looking for things such as combat formulas, changes
in HP/AP on leveling, and other information that the game doesn't give
you, such as what the significance of the stars is next to an item,
etc.

--

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Look upon me and despair, for
I bring forth pestilence and famine, fear and piss poor Sopranos

Jeff George wrote:
> Does anyone know where to get detailed information about the workings
> of this game? I'm looking for things such as combat formulas, changes
> in HP/AP on leveling, and other information that the game doesn't give
> you, such as what the significance of the stars is next to an item,
> etc.

There are already some in-depth FAQs at GameFAQs.com:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/game/920497.html

And more might be coming later on.

Tuomas

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 12:09:19 +0200 I used my godlike powers to observe
the following from Tuomas Salo <Tuomas@spam.fööbär.fi.INVALID>:

>Jeff George wrote:
>> Does anyone know where to get detailed information about the workings
>> of this game? I'm looking for things such as combat formulas, changes
>> in HP/AP on leveling, and other information that the game doesn't give
>> you, such as what the significance of the stars is next to an item,
>> etc.
>
>There are already some in-depth FAQs at GameFAQs.com:
>http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/game/920497.html
>
>And more might be coming later on.
>
> Tuomas

Thanks for the link but that's not really what I'm looking. I'm
looking for formulas and calculations like they used to include in
real strategy guides. I don't need a hints guide or walk through but
want to know how combat damage is calculated, how new HP/AP per level
is calculated, etc.

--

"Jeff George" <george666@comcast.net.munged> wrote in message news:quglt0hvmc4mfjagtevgb44rkd0971fl66@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 12:09:19 +0200 I used my godlike powers to observe
> the following from Tuomas Salo <Tuomas@spam.fööbär.fi.INVALID>:
>
> >Jeff George wrote:
> >> Does anyone know where to get detailed information about the workings
> >> of this game? I'm looking for things such as combat formulas, changes
> >> in HP/AP on leveling, and other information that the game doesn't give
> >> you, such as what the significance of the stars is next to an item,
> >> etc.
> >
> >There are already some in-depth FAQs at GameFAQs.com:
> >http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/game/920497.html
> >
> >And more might be coming later on.
> >
> > Tuomas
>
> Thanks for the link but that's not really what I'm looking. I'm
> looking for formulas and calculations like they used to include in
> real strategy guides. I don't need a hints guide or walk through but
> want to know how combat damage is calculated, how new HP/AP per level
> is calculated, etc.

Contact EA.

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:28:29 GMT I used my godlike powers to observe
the following from "menu boy" <ilmobixSPAMIT@hotmail.com>:

>"Jeff George" <george666@comcast.net.munged> wrote in message news:quglt0hvmc4mfjagtevgb44rkd0971fl66@4ax.com...
>> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 12:09:19 +0200 I used my godlike powers to observe
>> the following from Tuomas Salo <Tuomas@spam.fööbär.fi.INVALID>:

>> >There are already some in-depth FAQs at GameFAQs.com:
>> >http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/game/920497.html
>> >
>> >And more might be coming later on.
>> >
>> > Tuomas
>>
>> Thanks for the link but that's not really what I'm looking. I'm
>> looking for formulas and calculations like they used to include in
>> real strategy guides. I don't need a hints guide or walk through but
>> want to know how combat damage is calculated, how new HP/AP per level
>> is calculated, etc.
>
>Contact EA.

Yeah right! I might as well ask the neighborhood drunk how the game
works.

--

Jeff George wrote:
> Thanks for the link but that's not really what I'm looking. I'm
> looking for formulas and calculations like they used to include in
> real strategy guides. I don't need a hints guide or walk through but
> want to know how combat damage is calculated, how new HP/AP per level
> is calculated, etc.

Yep, I understood that. The "In-depth FAQs" is the place to watch, not
the walkthroughs section. There is already some meta information
available (such as the skill FAQ), and GameFAQs is probably the best
source for this kind of information. It's worth asking in the message
board, as well.

At the moment this is the best I can do. I'm doubtful that the publisher
would give out information like this, but if they do, please add that
info to GameFAQs. :)

Tuomas

"Jeff George" <george666@comcast.net.munged> wrote in message news:143ot0dsrj4hhv4782r8ad3p5jembb07t2@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:28:29 GMT I used my godlike powers to observe
> the following from "menu boy" <ilmobixSPAMIT@hotmail.com>:
>

> >"Jeff George" <george666@comcast.net.munged> wrote in message news:quglt0hvmc4mfjagtevgb44rkd0971fl66@4ax.com...

> >> Thanks for the link but that's not really what I'm looking. I'm
> >> looking for formulas and calculations like they used to include in
> >> real strategy guides. I don't need a hints guide or walk through but
> >> want to know how combat damage is calculated, how new HP/AP per level
> >> is calculated, etc.
> >
> >Contact EA.
>
> Yeah right! I might as well ask the neighborhood drunk how the game
> works.

Okay, then figure it out yourself. I'm sure you can with the info
in the game. I mean, this game isn't Baldur's Gate.