Sign in with
Your question
Closed

ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Error A2 - IDE Detect - NO POST or BIOS

Last response: in Motherboards
August 8, 2012 10:14:31 PM

Hey guys I just finished my first build and I cant get in to BIOS. No video output is being displayed on the monitor.

I get the error A2 which translates to IDE Detect in Dr Debug. I dont know what this means and when I press F2 it goes to A6 - PCSI Detect - again I have no idea.

PLZ HELP ME!!!

Intel i5 2500k

ASRock Z77 Extreme6

GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7850 OC Version

500GB HDD

64GB SSD

NZXT Switch 810

*Using the VGA out connected to the motherboard not the video card because card doesnt have VGA and that is the only cable I have as of now.

Thanks in advance

Best solution

a c 108 V Motherboard
August 8, 2012 11:08:17 PM

Some mobos are set by default to read from the PCIE slot when a GPU is installed. This maybe the case for your mobo. You could either buy yourself a DVI cable, or an adapter, or simply remove the GPU to test this theory. If this proves unsuccessful, your mobo could be shorting. To eliminate shorts, breadboard your mobo.

For more troubleshooting tips, follow the link in my signature.
August 9, 2012 12:00:50 AM

Best answer selected by antrom1818.
Score
Related resources
August 9, 2012 12:01:34 AM

T_T said:
Some mobos are set by default to read from the PCIE slot when a GPU is installed. This maybe the case for your mobo. You could either buy yourself a DVI cable, or an adapter, or simply remove the GPU to test this theory. If this proves unsuccessful, your mobo could be shorting. To eliminate shorts, breadboard your mobo.

For more troubleshooting tips, follow the link in my signature.

Thanks I figured this out just a minute ago but thanks anyway!
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
August 9, 2012 11:19:32 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!