Quad SLI vs single card

the_jubs99

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
Quad fire isnt going to scale well, i also dont think those cards support it, its generally only achievable with the dual GPU cards like the 5970/6990, GTX 295/GTX 590, and most boards cannot support 4 cards that take two slots each(they only have a single slot for the back but their cooler will block the adjacent slot). If you can get 4 5670s @$73 each why cant you get a single card better than the GTX 550?

the_jubs99

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
excellent suggestion and I give it my blessin'.
BUT
for the extra coin (not much) go all the way and get the GTX 560 Ti.
it's all about the 'Ti'.
then if needed SLI them later on.

but I need to apologize to you because everyone is suggesting what card you should get and yet,
we have not asked about your current set-up or if this is part of a bigger upgrade.?

thanks..

and no, the 5670 is only dual X-Fire, not quad.
the GTX 550 Ti is not really a strong card though it does beat the 5770.

The choice came from my friend first off and second i am building a computer and i want to try sli for once so i was wondering if i could do quad crossfirex cause it would be cool. And third what is the difference between GTX 560 and gtx 560 TI?

quad crossfire is not cool, it scales so terribly you end up with poor performance for your money. you are much better off with a faster single card. not to mention games that dont support crossfire you will be limited to a single card. it is the most stupid way to go to be honest. you really need to do your research. quad crossfire is asking for problems.

the_jubs99

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010

im probably gonna find a 6950 2gb, and my resolution is 1920 x 1080