Possible bad ram?

mattangle

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2012
I believe my ram is bad, but I am hoping some one can confirm or deny this for me. I built my first gaming computer, after a few weeks had blue screens, took it to a computer shop, they ran some tests and determined two of my ram slots on my motherboard were bad, so I lived with just using 2 of my 4 4gb sticks for awhile. Finaly got a new motherboard, reinstalling windows and I get this error message, 0x80070570 files to instal windows missing. Did some research and seems the most common cause of this error message is bad ram, so I took out 3 of my sticks and tryed installing again and went perfect. So to boil it down my questions are, does this sound like a ram problem? Or something else reacting to the ram or what? Is there a program that tests my ram? And any thoughts anyone has.

The ram I am using- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231315

Thank you very much in advance to anyone who helps.

mattangle

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2012
I was getting error messages back on the other mobo too, and when I removed two of the ram sticks it worked fine until I got this new mobo and tryed all 4. Do you know of any program that can test ram?