thinkpad 380ed battery question

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
a b ) Power supply
August 7, 2005 3:22:30 PM

I have been given an IBM 380ED laptop.

Whilst the computer works fine connected to the power supply, the battery
does not seem to hold the charge once the external power supply is removed.

The symptoms are as follows:

Orange light charging battery.
Green light battery fully charged.
Remove power supply/charger. Battery completely dead..
Reconnect power supply/charger.
Bettery indicator orange again.

Assuming correctly I probably just need a new battey?
August 7, 2005 3:22:31 PM

Gregory Kleverlaan <g12345567@nospam.yahoo.net.au> wrote:
: I have been given an IBM 380ED laptop.

: Whilst the computer works fine connected to the power supply, the battery
: does not seem to hold the charge once the external power supply is removed.

: The symptoms are as follows:

: Orange light charging battery.
: Green light battery fully charged.
: Remove power supply/charger. Battery completely dead..
: Reconnect power supply/charger.
: Bettery indicator orange again.

: Assuming correctly I probably just need a new battey?

Yes that is a good assumption. Batteries do not last forever.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
a b D Laptop

Purchased a cheap new battery from EBAY.
Everything is working fine now without a problem.