Sign in with
Your question

Driver Name: nvd3dum dll nvwgf2um dll much are the graphic cards worth

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 8, 2011 1:22:51 AM

updated the info on the 2 graphic cards i have, anyone know ,just so i can put them up for sale and buy just 1 as a said i have no need for 2 graphic cards ,i dont play games on my pc tower, i have a ps3 for games, just need someone with good knowledge of nvidia geforce to tell me what i should put the price at for both them ,as there installed in sli mode in my dell xps 630i, and i dont need 2 graphic cards dont use another plasma screen either so no need for the other dvi connector for te other card etc, im still learning as you can see but hoping to get someone with knowledge on the cards and the ram and driver etc as thats what i was told to look for but i dont understand it lol i just use the computer to surf the web,facebook etc as mentiond so any help id be thankfull just i noticed i had over 20 views and not 1 reply ,if there rubbish cars even just say maybe the tech who said they were worth money is bssin i just want to know. thanks

my nvidia geforce graphic cards run in sli mode, i was told they were still worth a bit money i was just wondering how much as i dot need 2 as i dont use my pc for gaming so 1 graphic card would do but id sell them as a pair as thats how they came together in sli mode heres some info on them below
my nvidia geforce graphic cards run in sli mode, i was told they were still worth a bit money i was just wondering how much as i dot need 2 as i dont use my pc for gaming so 1 graphic card would do but id sell them as a pair as thats how they came together in sli mode heres some info on them below
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8800 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0611&SUBSYS_053C10DE&REV_A2
Display Memory: 1773 MB
Dedicated Memory: 495 MB
Shared Memory: 1278 MB
Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
DDI Version: 10
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 5/12/2008 10:58:00, 5537792 bytes

help would be appreciated thank you its just a technician said there still worth alot of money i was just wondering how much i should ask for round about so i can then buy 1 graphic card is thats all i need i only surf the web facebook etc ,no gaming i have a ps3 for that.

my pc tower spec
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc
System Model: XPS 630i
Dell XPS 630i ,Intel(R) Core(TM)2 quad core processor Q9300@ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz 2.68Ghz, ,DUAL SLI nvidia Geforce 8900 graphic cards, 4 gig of ram
2 terabyte hard drives.
Memory: 3068MB RAM
Page File: 1429MB used, 4930MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 10

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 06/08/2011 04:13:47
System name: MARK-PC

[Display]

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz (2500 MHz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
DirectX version: 10.0
GPU processor: GeForce 8800 GT
ForceWare version: 175.01
Total available graphics memory: 1790 MB
Dedicated video memory: 512 MB
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 1278 MB
Video BIOS version: 62.92.3a.00.09
IRQ: 16
Bus: PCI Express x8
GPU processor: GeForce 8800 GT
ForceWare version: 175.01
Memory: 1792 MB
Video BIOS version: 62.92.3a.00.09
IRQ: 0
Bus: PCI Express x8
[Components]
nvCplUIR.dll 1.5.2400.35 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvCpl.cpl 1.5.2400.35 NVIDIA Control Panel Applet
nvExpBar.dll 1.5.2400.35 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvCplUI.exe 1.5.2400.35 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvViTvSR.dll 7.15.11.7501 NVIDIA Video and TV Server
nvViTvS.dll 7.15.11.7501 NVIDIA Video and TV Server
nvDispSR.dll 7.15.11.7501 NVIDIA Display Server
NVMCTRAY.DLL 7.15.11.7501 NVIDIA Media Center Library
nvDispS.dll 7.15.11.7501 NVIDIA Display Server
NVCPL.DLL 7.15.11.7501 NVIDIA Compatible Windows Vista Display driver, Version 175.01
nvGameSR.dll 7.15.11.7501 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
nvGameS.dll 7.15.11.7501 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

help wold be appreciated thank you its just a technician said there still worth alot of money i was just wondering how much i should ask for round about so i can then buy 1 graphic card is thats all i need i only surf the web facebook etc ,no gaming i have a ps3 for that.
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2011 4:08:51 AM

People aren't responding because

1. The title of your post is confusing
2. It's difficult to understand what you are asking (grammar!)
3. There is a sub-forum for selling things and doing price checks

The 8800 GT is an old card. You can buy a 9800 GT new for $50 USD. I would say that your 8800s are worth a maximum of $25 USD each.
June 8, 2011 4:48:43 AM

i took them into the logitech computer shop and the shop owner offered me £70 each but i brought them back and said ill be in touch with you then contacted the guy who told me they were worth £300 which i didnt believe thats why i am asking here,, he worked for IBM back in the day and now works at sunmicra who supply java but i paid £400 for my pc in total but that was off my best friend 2 year ago or more as hes more into macs im waiting to hear from him to see whats happning as when he sent the spec it said 8900 then i reformatted due to my bios wanting a floppy drive as most ppl have had that problem ive noticed on forums but these computers dont come with floppy drives just digi cam etc phone card readers at the front, so i put a external floppy drive in then disabled the floppy drive from bios then reformatted losing everything but before i tried to not lose everything i pushed load defaults in bios which caused the problem of it asking for a floppy drive and no os detected but i got it sorted eventually , ill just wait se my m8 as he sold me it ,but thanks for your reply mate vey appreciated, even if members had responded saying what you have by not understanding my post etc wouldav even done but thanks m8. take care
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2011 4:52:51 AM

An 8900 is still not quite as good as a 9800. You've got the idea. If someone offered you £300 for the set, you should definitely take that. If you don't believe me, find an online vendor and look it up. :)  Cheers and good luck.
June 8, 2011 5:05:05 AM

no i believe you i just dont know much about cards and stuff , if my mate sold me the full pc £400 knocking off £100 as am his best m8, and this ex IBM tech says there worth £300 u can understand my confusion aswell why sell a full pc with good spec my m8 said it had then a ex IBM tech says the graphic cards are almost worth what i paid for the full computer with everything in it lol u know what i mean, he is a bit weird lol think working for IBM bk in the day hes still in that era dial up etc is a thing of the past i feel like saying to him lol, as far as the shop i have no idea why they said £70 each ,maybe memory ,see i dont know thats why i just asked here to ppl who will know like urself, but thats mate for replying for me to let me know i think ill just keep them now lol as they are good in my machine so im not gonni sell them to buy a graphic card just to surf the web when they will do. thanks
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2011 3:39:21 PM

dellboy30 said:
no i believe you i just dont know much about cards and stuff , if my mate sold me the full pc £400 knocking off £100 as am his best m8, and this ex IBM tech says there worth £300 u can understand my confusion aswell why sell a full pc with good spec my m8 said it had then a ex IBM tech says the graphic cards are almost worth what i paid for the full computer with everything in it lol u know what i mean, he is a bit weird lol think working for IBM bk in the day hes still in that era dial up etc is a thing of the past i feel like saying to him lol, as far as the shop i have no idea why they said £70 each ,maybe memory ,see i dont know thats why i just asked here to ppl who will know like urself, but thats mate for replying for me to let me know i think ill just keep them now lol as they are good in my machine so im not gonni sell them to buy a graphic card just to surf the web when they will do. thanks

One reason for selling them and getting a single card that will handle your needs, is that you will save money by not having to power both cards, as well as being quieter and cooler running. However, I am a firm believer in the"If it ain't broke, Don't fix it" school of thought.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
!