Sign in with
Your question

Hdtv or pc monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 8, 2011 3:24:32 AM

just finish putting together a pc with amd 1100t and asus 6950 1gb and i'm trying to decide between a pc monitor or hdtv for display the tv is a insigna 120htz can any one tell me if the hdtv will work good with this set up

More about : hdtv monitor

June 8, 2011 3:41:04 AM

It depends on what you want the computer for. :)  Are you going to be doing heavy gaming?

I think the only reason to go for an HDTV is for convenience (i.e. you already own one or you want to consolidate all your entertainment into one place) or you want a *really* big monitor. Do you own that TV already? If so, how big is it?
m
l
June 10, 2011 2:46:16 AM

yes i already own the tv and is 32" also can you explain to me how to update the to the lates drivers for my asus crosshair iv formula motherboard and asus 6950 graphics card
m
l
June 10, 2011 5:54:56 AM

IMO, since you have the TV already you should give it a shot. If you aren't satisfied, then get a dedicated monitor.

Your video card and motherboard should include disks with drivers. Go ahead and install from the disks to get your system running. After you get everyhing going you can update your drivers.

To check for updated drivers, go here for your video card: http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx
Just select your model an OS.

To find the latest drivers for your chipset/motherboard, just go to asus.com, find your exact motherboard, and download the drivers.
m
l
!