Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading Ram question Dual or Triple

Last response: in Memory
August 9, 2012 6:10:17 AM

I am currently running 8GB DDR3 ram Dual channel I have 2 slots available inside my motherboard but the question is can I get 1 single 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer "because of cool lighting mod and heat spreader." Will that be able to become a Triple channel?

Thanks.

Rest of my spec is:
Core i7 2600K @ 4ghz
GTX 465
ASUS P875-V Motherboard
a b } Memory
a c 128 V Motherboard
August 9, 2012 8:32:41 AM

No, it won't become triple channel. In fact, by running an odd number of memory sticks, you will then be running in single channel. If you want to maintain dual channel, you need to add memory sticks in pairs.
m
l
August 9, 2012 9:19:43 AM

abekl said:
No, it won't become triple channel. In fact, by running an odd number of memory sticks, you will then be running in single channel. If you want to maintain dual channel, you need to add memory sticks in pairs.

good answer
m
l
August 10, 2012 12:16:40 AM

[/quote]
Quote:
also add that it's a waste.
add a LED case fan instead..

Oh I have that lol more then 3. I'm using Antec 900 midtower. So you guys think LED ram not worth of money?

Quote:

So I need to get same ram speed to keep maintenance dual channel? If that so then I have 2x4GB PC3-10700 @ 1334mhz I haven't overclock it I should be able to overclock to 2100mhz, right? Since my Core i7 CPU can handle more then 2200mhz speed with stable voltage @ 1.50v.

I don't even know why I keep saying So, So and so lol. :p 
m
l
!