Nintendo D-Terminal Component Cable

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 5, 2005 7:59:10 PM

Can this cable be used to connect to my projector which has a VGA port? Or
do I need some kind of modification to my Gamecube before using the cable?

Here is a photo of the cable I want to get for my projector:
http://nfg.2y.net/ebay/hrdgccompo.jpg

Need advise before I plop down the $15 for the cable.

S.Anderson
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 12:46:10 AM

You can try asking over at http://www.hdtvarcade.com Forums should be back
up and running soon.

"mindblender" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Can this cable be used to connect to my projector which has a VGA port? Or
> do I need some kind of modification to my Gamecube before using the cable?
>
> Here is a photo of the cable I want to get for my projector:
> http://nfg.2y.net/ebay/hrdgccompo.jpg
>
> Need advise before I plop down the $15 for the cable.
>
> S.Anderson

Anonymous
January 6, 2005 5:47:01 AM

mindblender schrieb:
> Can this cable be used to connect to my projector which has a VGA port? Or
> do I need some kind of modification to my Gamecube before using the cable?
>
> Here is a photo of the cable I want to get for my projector:
> http://nfg.2y.net/ebay/hrdgccompo.jpg

(D-Component Cable)

> Need advise before I plop down the $15 for the cable.

You don't need to a modification to your Gamecube but you need to do a
modification to the cable. The cable connects to the Japanese
D-Component Connector found on some Japanese TVs, so you can't simply
connect it to the VGA port. But you can mod this cable into a VGA cable.

Instructions for the mod could usually be found on
http://www.rgbcube.co.uk/ but that site seems to be down atm.

Jan
January 6, 2005 9:50:50 AM

"Ollie T" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> You can try asking over at http://www.hdtvarcade.com Forums should be
> back up and running soon.

They are back up now.
January 6, 2005 10:27:19 PM

> "Ollie T" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> You can try asking over at http://www.hdtvarcade.com Forums should be
>> back up and running soon.
>>

> They are back up now.
Thanks Ollie. Will do.
January 6, 2005 10:27:36 PM

"Jan Lucas" <jan@lucas-berlin.de> wrote in message
> mindblender schrieb:
>> Can this cable be used to connect to my projector which has a VGA port?
>> Or do I need some kind of modification to my Gamecube before using the
>> cable?
>>
>> Here is a photo of the cable I want to get for my projector:
>> http://nfg.2y.net/ebay/hrdgccompo.jpg
>
> (D-Component Cable)
>

>> Need advise before I plop down the $15 for the cable.
>
> You don't need to a modification to your Gamecube but you need to do a
> modification to the cable. The cable connects to the Japanese D-Component
> Connector found on some Japanese TVs, so you can't simply connect it to
> the VGA port. But you can mod this cable into a VGA cable.
>
> Instructions for the mod could usually be found on
> http://www.rgbcube.co.uk/ but that site seems to be down atm.
>

> Jan

Thanks Jan, I will look into this as well.
!