Nintendo D-Terminal Component Cable

Can this cable be used to connect to my projector which has a VGA port? Or
do I need some kind of modification to my Gamecube before using the cable?

Here is a photo of the cable I want to get for my projector:
http://nfg.2y.net/ebay/hrdgccompo.jpg

Need advise before I plop down the $15 for the cable.

S.Anderson
5 answers Last reply
More about nintendo terminal component cable
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    You can try asking over at http://www.hdtvarcade.com Forums should be back
    up and running soon.

    "mindblender" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Can this cable be used to connect to my projector which has a VGA port? Or
    > do I need some kind of modification to my Gamecube before using the cable?
    >
    > Here is a photo of the cable I want to get for my projector:
    > http://nfg.2y.net/ebay/hrdgccompo.jpg
    >
    > Need advise before I plop down the $15 for the cable.
    >
    > S.Anderson

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    mindblender schrieb:
    > Can this cable be used to connect to my projector which has a VGA port? Or
    > do I need some kind of modification to my Gamecube before using the cable?
    >
    > Here is a photo of the cable I want to get for my projector:
    > http://nfg.2y.net/ebay/hrdgccompo.jpg

    (D-Component Cable)

    > Need advise before I plop down the $15 for the cable.

    You don't need to a modification to your Gamecube but you need to do a
    modification to the cable. The cable connects to the Japanese
    D-Component Connector found on some Japanese TVs, so you can't simply
    connect it to the VGA port. But you can mod this cable into a VGA cable.

    Instructions for the mod could usually be found on
    http://www.rgbcube.co.uk/ but that site seems to be down atm.

    Jan
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Ollie T" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > You can try asking over at http://www.hdtvarcade.com Forums should be
    > back up and running soon.

    They are back up now.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    > "Ollie T" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> You can try asking over at http://www.hdtvarcade.com Forums should be
    >> back up and running soon.
    >>

    > They are back up now.
    Thanks Ollie. Will do.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Jan Lucas" <jan@lucas-berlin.de> wrote in message
    > mindblender schrieb:
    >> Can this cable be used to connect to my projector which has a VGA port?
    >> Or do I need some kind of modification to my Gamecube before using the
    >> cable?
    >>
    >> Here is a photo of the cable I want to get for my projector:
    >> http://nfg.2y.net/ebay/hrdgccompo.jpg
    >
    > (D-Component Cable)
    >

    >> Need advise before I plop down the $15 for the cable.
    >
    > You don't need to a modification to your Gamecube but you need to do a
    > modification to the cable. The cable connects to the Japanese D-Component
    > Connector found on some Japanese TVs, so you can't simply connect it to
    > the VGA port. But you can mod this cable into a VGA cable.
    >
    > Instructions for the mod could usually be found on
    > http://www.rgbcube.co.uk/ but that site seems to be down atm.
    >

    > Jan

    Thanks Jan, I will look into this as well.

Console Gaming Gamecube Cable Nintendo Video Games